Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i ordered my 2006 tc two weeks ago and i called today they said it will be in next week. i am a little bit upset becuase they just told me that the scion security was installed in the car even though i did not want that option. since i havent heard anything great about this security system but its overpriced and not worth it, im thinking about taking my $1000 deposit back and going to another dealership but then id have to wait again. what would you do?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
yeah, i'd go to a different dealer. and yes the security system is overpriced, but if you can get them to sell it to you at cost (~$240) then maybe i'd stick with them. but if they won't budge, then i'd go some where else.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
if they had it port installed, which most dealers do, its too late. of course, its on them to make it right. i would say you should get another car exactly the way you ordered it in a timely fashion, or go see the next guy down the street.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'll tell you from experience that it takes alot longer then 10 seconds to remove the security system. You pretty much have to gut the interior of the car to get all the wiring out. Also the security system is always added at the dealership. All the accessories that you can order get put on at the dealership when they arrive.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
^^^ true about it taking longer than 10 seconds. it is a PROJECT to add or remove the scion security. as for the dealer security system that some people (including us) put on the new cars to keep them from being stolen off the lot - that takes about 10 seconds to remove. our detail guys yank them when they wash and vac the new cars before delivery.

not true about where the system is added. i assure you, anything that i can add for my clients here at the dealer, i can have added to the cars at port. there is an assembly warehouse of sorts down in socal. its where your stickers and labels get added, and where, if we as dealers ask them to, they add any accessories. personally, we choose to have them install the stock deck, and floormats. we normally build the car at our dealer to suit the customer. but if a dealer says it came in that way, it very likely did. someone at their dealer had to tell the port to install it, though. so they screwed you in that respect.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Jul 15 2005, 06:40 PM
^^^ true about it taking longer than 10 seconds. it is a PROJECT to add or remove the scion security. as for the dealer security system that some people (including us) put on the new cars to keep them from being stolen off the lot - that takes about 10 seconds to remove. our detail guys yank them when they wash and vac the new cars before delivery.
My bad, thanks for clearing it up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.