Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well 2 weeks ago i built and ordered a 2006 scion tc. i called for an update a couple days ago and i find out they put in the scion security even though i did not want it. today i went and got my deposit back because that irked me.

anyway now i have to wait again but i took my business elsewhere. I went to manhattan beach scion here in los angeles and i got some nice perks. I get 1 free car wash every week for 7 years. I also get 1 free oil change every year for 7 years. I also get a free shuttle to the airport if i ever want to leave my car at the dealership which is pretty cool i think.

anyhow i highly recommend manhattan beach scion if anybody out there is here in the south bay and thinking about purchasing a tc.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Free washes for 7 years is pretty nice, especially during winter months if you live in the north where they salt the roads. Is it hand or touchless wash? or is it one of those big flappy machines, those tear up clearcoat sometimes.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn i didnt ask about that. anyhow it never crossed my mind that a car wash can be bad for the paint. ill have to call them tomorrow and ask.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yeah, if its a dealer wash It may be one or the other. Typically one run through one of those machine washes isnt bad, but they have those huge barrel spinning rotors with the flaps that slap the dirt off with suds, thats pretty gritty against the finish over time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.