Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After alot of searching and finding mostly the same answers I did when building my turbo matrix, just not many real performance wheels for our cars.

I went back to my old standby for low weight, great build quality, very very durable, very round so easy to balance, same design as a real race wheel.

Enkei RPF1

17X8, +35mm, 15.6 lbs and very strong.

For tires I was close to buying R compounds again like my Matrix had but decided in needed something to last a bit longer for trips to shows and better in the rain, I spent many hours researching and decided to go with these

Hankook R-S2-Z212

235/40/17, not the most optimal size, that would be 225/45/17 or 235/45/17 but I wanted a bit more width, will need it;)

My only other choice in wheels was the 5Zigen GN+ in 17x8.5, +48mm(preference would of been +35 TO +42 or so but sometimes you take what you can get.

The great guys at Enkei like our project cars so they take good care of us on wheels and I get great tire hookups. Semi sponsorships are all I ask for and I do have a bit of history in making it worth their while. Just mentioning this because so many ask about sponsorships. Here is how you get them, spend a ton of time and money and go to shows, races, audio comps, spend alot more time and alot more money. Eventually you can get noticed and some help but if you want full sponsorship be prepared to not really own your car or your schedule any longer, there is really nothing free in modding our cars, cheaper to just build what you want and have fun with it. (Certainly there are rare exceptions, I have had a few, just do not expect it to happen;)

Rick

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
From that chart it looks like they have a 17x8.5 wheel....why didn't you go with that? Or maybe even the 17x9, if that would fit.

Those look like awesome wheels for performance. I'd consider them if I had the money to put into my car to take advantage of that performance

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Wrong PCD. If we had 5 x 114, wheels would be no problem at all. We have 5 x 100, so we're basically stuck with WRX sizes. Not all bad, mind you, if it weren't for the WRX, we'd really be hose for decent wheels.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Originally posted by phungy@Mar 31 2005, 08:52 PM
I like the rims alot but I've never heard of Ventus. Are they any good?
Ventus tires are outstanding! They advertise in SCC mag alot! They are nice tires, very sticky. I know alot of people who use them for auto-x. Nice choice with wheels... light and nice design. Post pics!!!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Mar 31 2005, 07:17 PM
Wrong PCD. If we had 5 x 114, wheels would be no problem at all. We have 5 x 100, so we're basically stuck with WRX sizes. Not all bad, mind you, if it weren't for the WRX, we'd really be hose for decent wheels.
I have a feeling this is going to change soon. The tC is selling as fast as they can make it, and tons of tC owners are looking to change the wheels. This doens't mean we'll see a lot of performance wheels (probably very few), but at least we'll have more options.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There may be more wheels coming out but unfortunately they will mostly be really heavy wheels, which I do not have much fondness for.

If we could use the subby offsets there would be far more choices as well, bolt pattern is cool to have match up at least. A few exceptions to offsets exist, Lobux has the best one, I came close to getting those in hyper black but was able to get an incredible deal on the Enkei and they have been a really great company to me so did not want to jump ship, I like being loyal to those that help me out.

Besides, I still love these wheels, curious to see how they look on the car, still have not lowered it yet, want SS Tiens but the mod budget is a bit shot, $10k in audio, computers, wheels, tires, etc, so far, whewwwww!

Rick

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We chose the blue pill as it fit our design goals the best:)

Come pics will pop up here and there in time, some things we have to keep under wraps due to shows we will attend.

Rick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.