Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i'm a young guy (even for this forum) I go to high school in a small town (2k) in Wisconsin. I need to genuinly know, is there any purpose what so ever for me to get a security system or tint? Our house (its realitivly nice) doesnt have a security system or anything. If someone came into our house (and kept quiet) we would never know. I'm trying to explain a point; I doubt anyone will try something with my car. Same way, when you live in WI (think cold) do you really need tint "to protect you from the devestating effects of the sun" according to one dealer's website.

Then again, I am going to college soon, and from what I hear those lots can be rough. Privacy would also be great i suppose when i ummmm pick my nose?
but seriously now that i think about it, both options are good-should i get the dealers security and tint? Im confused about the scion security and the stock setup. also if i get tint, will it be more difficult to see/drive. I don't have much experience so im worried about that. also what is the highest tint i can get and still be safe-dont some states have a no tinting law? I plan on getting a Nautical Blue tc. Well thanks for reading all that.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
You could do without security but the tint is a must for a few reasons. One, it will keep your car cooler during the summer. Two, it will keep your interior looking newer for longer. Finally, it just makes the car look so much better especially on a dark car. It keeps the whole car dark and stealthy.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what is a good price for a tint? a scion dealer here charges 170$ also what is the deal with the stock security system, is it even a security system, what is it missing. i would rather not have anything stolen, but i suppose if something is, insurance will cover it. but then again i might be able to get lower premiums with it.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
As far as the security goes, do a search in the Audio/Security section you'll learn all about the Scion Security. $170 seems like a good deal to me if its all the windows but the front. Be sure to ask about what kind of warranty you get.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.