Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always been impressed with the Kappa line of subwoofers offered by Infinity. The Aluminum and newer Magnesium compound woofer cones sounded amazing when I last listened to them, and they are VERY rigid and have practically no noise. Have any of you had any experience with them? And if so, was it good, or bad? The only downside to the metal cones I have seen is that if you are clumsy when installing them, you can slip a screwdriver and dent the metal =x. But ! DVC is good! Powa!

Thanks for any input!

Edit: Heres a review on the newest line with Variable Q

http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio/10946_eprint.pdf

·
Registered
223 Posts
I've got 2 perfect 10's and I like em a lot.

late

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I used to have an older Buick I ran competitions with (more of a show car, but hit 153 dB). It had 6 12" perfects in the trunk with a JBL 600.1 to each. They took the power and begged for more. If you are looking for excellent SQ these are your subs, if you want a little more boomy setup you may look towards a JL. If you just want plain loud get yourself a Kicker L7.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Originally posted by TBova@Jun 21 2005, 07:44 PM
You happen to have a picture of your setup?
Right here

late

·
Registered
223 Posts
Originally posted by EddieMoney@Jun 24 2005, 06:53 AM
Typically you face the port in the same direction as the subwoofer cone so it doesn't have phase problems.  Any particular reason you did it this way?
Humm... I didn't think that mattered. Interesting point, though.

Good thing I have a desk job, and not in a car audio shop

late

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Eh....i have a desk job too (aerospace engineer). But this surely isn't rocket science
I'm not sure if it really matters, thats just what i've heard before. I have done it lots of ways. One thing i think i would try is to turn those boxes, face the cone towards the back and the ports up, see what it sounds like

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.