Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i got a scion TC 06, and i cant figure out how to open the trunk. i do not have the orignal key but the spare, so there is no trunk popper on it. and i cant seem to find it in the drivers side.....

anyone help this scion newb?!

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by Asianhalfling@Jan 31 2007, 11:33 AM
ok i got a scion TC 06, and i cant figure out how to open the trunk. i do not have the orignal key but the spare, so there is no trunk popper on it. and i cant seem to find it in the drivers side.....

It's not a trunk, so there's no popper. Since it is a hatch, like any other car with a hatch out back, there is a release from the outside. As Moriarty indicated, unlock the hatch (either by pressing unlock twice on the keyfob or using the power unlock toggle on the driver's door), then step up behind the car, place your hand underneath the lip above the license plate, and when you feel underneath, you will hit a plastic/rubber bar. Push upward on it to engage the electronic latch release. Once it is released, the hatch will lift open a few inches and you can then lift it completely open.

-Ed

·
Registered
565 Posts
Originally posted by EddNog+Jan 31 2007, 01:02 PM-->QUOTE (EddNog @ Jan 31 2007, 01:02 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Asianhalfling
@Jan 31 2007, 11:33 AM

It's not a trunk, so there's no popper. Since it is a hatch, like any other car with a hatch out back, there is a release from the outside. As Moriarty indicated, unlock the hatch (either by pressing unlock twice on the keyfob or using the power unlock toggle on the driver's door), then step up behind the car, place your hand underneath the lip above the license plate, and when you feel underneath, you will hit a plastic/rubber bar. Push upward on it to engage the electronic latch release. Once it is released, the hatch will lift open a few inches and you can then lift it completely open.

-Ed [/b]
Ed, you should write the paragraphs for owner's manuals.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Originally posted by NeXuS@Jan 31 2007, 05:54 PM
Hahah remember when i first got my tC to i had a hard time opening the hatch
this makes me feel special for getting it first try

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Originally posted by Dritnul+Jan 31 2007, 04:15 PM-->QUOTE (Dritnul @ Jan 31 2007, 04:15 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-NeXuS
@Jan 31 2007, 05:54 PM
Hahah remember when i first got my tC to i had a hard time opening the hatch
this makes me feel special for getting it first try [/b]
LoL i was confused opening because of the poping sound the latch would make i was afraid i was gonna break something.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
That was one of the first things I had to do when I got the car. I was transferring in all the crap from my old car into the new one.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
OP u could also pay out the ass and get a real key itll cost u 130$ and 30mins
but having remote locks is very handy

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,604 Posts
Not paying attention means you dont understand very simple things. Like what if the trunk monkey (that is installed in every tC) would have died then he would have a really bad smell in the car, and not know how to get rid of it. lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
Originally posted by bluesciontc@Feb 1 2007, 02:22 AM
Not paying attention means you dont understand very simple things. Like what if the trunk monkey (that is installed in every tC) would have died then he would have a really bad smell in the car, and not know how to get rid of it. lol
Damn, I was gypped! Somebody must have stolen my trunk monkey because there wasn't one in my tC when I bought it! I'm gonna go yell at my salesperson this morning about this, I tell you!

Oh, wait a minute... I am my salesperson.... damn, damn, damn.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts