Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I say direction I mean performance, exterior design/looks or exterior sound/cool air intake,performance exhaust or interior/sound system etc.

Whould you rather have it look better, sound better or drive better... Thats pretty much what it comes down to.

I'm already planning on tinting my windows. I have OBX gear shifter, door sill, floor mats, cargo net.

Good luck and I'll see you on the road!

2005 Scion TC Flinit Mica (5 speed)
sitdowncomic

·
Registered
223 Posts
air intake....

late

·
Registered
181 Posts
you should definetly invest in a cold air intake for the TC becasue it helps the power of the car and adds more torque to the car giving it quicker acceleration. It even sounds cool. After that, i'd save some more money and invest in a sports exhaust system. This helps overall power to. I've seen people that have added 30 hp and 40 ft lb of torque to there AUTOMATIC scions just with an AEM intake and exhaust. Pz out.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Really? Where did you see this? 30 hp? 40 ftlbs of torque? Why am I so skeptical?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
This website? I don't see anything at all for a tC. Only an xB.

Also, there are no exhausts listed for any application.

So why are you yelling at me about something that doesn't exist, can't be bought, can't be installed, and doesn't provide the improvements you are claiming?

How about showing some pictures of the AEM intakes and exhausts those "people around you" have purchased and installed. How about some dyno results from those "people around you" who have seen these gains? Or is this just some 12 year-old wannabe Internet bench racing?

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Suspension followed by tires followed by performance.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Originally posted by UpInSmoke23@Jul 11 2005, 12:26 PM
Hey im just telling you what ive seen people install and what they've told me. I dont have an aem intake nor exhaust. I go by what im told from scion owners so get off my back.
The AEM intake isn't out yet, and those claiming that large of a gain just from a intake and exhaust combo are probably as knowledgable as the mustang owner saying he had VTECH and that his oil lines were the VTECH lines.

Next time before you start posting up such nonsense, could you do some research instead of "word-of-mouth"? Or if you are going to post it up, do it in the rumors section.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Originally posted by Obike+Jul 11 2005, 12:35 PM-->QUOTE (Obike @ Jul 11 2005, 12:35 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-UpInSmoke23
@Jul 11 2005, 12:26 PM
Hey im just telling you what ive seen people install and what they've told me.  I dont have an aem intake nor exhaust.  I go by what im told from scion owners so get off my back.
The AEM intake isn't out yet, and those claiming that large of a gain just from a intake and exhaust combo are probably as knowledgable as the mustang owner saying he had VTECH and that his oil lines were the VTECH lines.

Next time before you start posting up such nonsense, could you do some research instead of "word-of-mouth"? Or if you are going to post it up, do it in the rumors section. [/b]
Or at least caveat what you're saying as hearsay.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Definitely new tires. Coming from personal (not so good) experience.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by UpInSmoke23@Jul 11 2005, 12:26 PM
Hey im just telling you what ive seen people install and what they've told me. I dont have an aem intake nor exhaust. I go by what im told from scion owners so get off my back.
Plissken is the search Nazi. I'm the BS Nazi. You say something stupid and I'm going to call you out. Everytime. Like a clock. What time is it? Time to shoot down some more BAD information from someone who is passing on unsubstantiated BS. Everyday. All day. Just like CNN. Post BS and I'll be the source of your bad news. Expect it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well, I wouldn't throw away perfectly good Z-rated high performance tires even if they are not the best. You didn't say where you live but if you live in the North you may want to invest in a set of snow tires for the winter, otherwise forget wasting $500 on something you already have.

You will mostly see the inside of your car while others will mostly see the outside. You will have to determine which is more important to you. For external a spoiler adds a nice touch or a body kit and lowering springs if you live in the South and don't have to worry so much about bumpy roads. Might want to invest in a paint chipping protection system and some good wax like Zaino and detailing clay. For internal improvements sport pedals and sport shifters are always nice and cheap additions. Dashboard overlays, upgraded seats or seat warmers, or a security system is always a nice. Tcover looks pretty cool too:
http://www.tcover.net/index.html

You won't get much for performance aside from spending 3k on a supercharger when they come out. You can get cold air intakes, intercoolers, and/or and aftermarket headers but they'd only add ~5hp and it already draws it's air from a pretty cool spot. A decent addition if you want your car to sound louder though (just don't see any reason why you would want it to, the object is to get as quiet a ride as possible). A high flow filter like the TRD one or K & N one is a cheap and simple mod to add a couple horsepower though. There are electrical grounding kits available, probably the best is made by ground fusion.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.