Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you hold down the SSP button the audio mode switches from TC to XA OR XB and greatly improves the fullness of the sound

lets see who gets the prize for knowing

·
Registered
619 Posts
yup. i knew it
sorry but i did

·
Registered
502 Posts
I didn't know, but then again I don't have a tC available to play with all the features.

What exactly do you mean by "fullness" of the sound?

·
Registered
11 Posts
As I've read and heard that the best choice for sound quality is the xA setting. xB and tC users have all said it sounds "fuller" in bass and treble... but until I get my tC (IF I get one *crosses fingers*) don't take my word for it... go play around with it and come back and tell us what its like!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Originally posted by TCrazy+Jul 27 2004, 07:12 PM-->QUOTE (TCrazy @ Jul 27 2004, 07:12 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-C!ph3r
@Jul 27 2004, 03:10 PM
yup. i knew it
sorry but i did
yea but C!pher you're a fellow "Scion Guru" i would expect no less from you
[/b]
Well. True. Guess my vote shouldnt count
. But i have changed it around and i think it sounds better on tC. Maybe i will actually take the time to tune it and see what i can get out of it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
uhhh.. i didn't know about it.. thanks for the info T!!!

all hail the Scion Gurus

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oh, that option was only available with the 6-cd changer- and it only changes the color for the changer.

It would have been really cool if you could change the lighting for the gauges- it would be awesome at night!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Ok... I held down the SSP button for a while and it only beeped and showed me scion tc on the display. Did you guys press anything else... or should the screen switch to xA or xB by itself??? The only thing I have done to improve the sound is to press the SSP from "neutral" to "Hear" to "Feel" and adjust the bass and treble.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
imasaf - Once you get it to say tc on the display you have to push something else to change it to xA or xB. I don't have my tC yet (thursday morning!), so I'm not sure which button changes options in the menues.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Hmm... I did try to push the other buttons but nothing changed anything... maybe I'm just doing it all wrong... Help

·
Registered
335 Posts
My salesman showed me that feature after I bought it and he was giving me the offical walkthrough of all the important stuff to know.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Originally posted by imasaf@Jul 27 2004, 11:33 PM
Hmm... I thought he meant for the lights on the display to change... no I don't have the 6 disc cd player
Doh, you're right! I'm seeing things.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Originally posted by TCrazy@Jul 27 2004, 03:07 PM
If you hold down the SSP button the audio mode switches from TC to XA OR XB and greatly improves the fullness of the sound

lets see who gets the prize for knowing
i did. i like the xA setting the most, i think. why is the tC setting so...bad ? i didnt even realize until i heard the other two settings

·
Registered
27 Posts
Originally posted by imasaf@Jul 27 2004, 08:32 PM
Ok... I held down the SSP button for a while and it only beeped and showed me scion tc on the display.  Did you guys press anything else... or should the screen switch to xA or xB by itself???  The only thing I have done to improve the sound is to press the SSP from "neutral" to "Hear" to "Feel" and adjust the bass and treble. 
uve gotta press the volume up or down buttons to change it from tc to somethin else

·
Registered
675 Posts
Originally posted by Zygote55@Jul 27 2004, 08:45 PM
imasaf - Once you get it to say tc on the display you have to push something else to change it to xA or xB. I don't have my tC yet (thursday morning!), so I'm not sure which button changes options in the menues.
after you hold the ssp button down for a couple seconds.. you'll see mode and the name of the car, xA, xB, tC.. etc.. to select the different modes.. push the + - buttons (volume buttons).. then the ssp button to set that mode... hope that helps

1 - 20 of 63 Posts