Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I called my dealer today to get an update on when my car might be in, and he said he thought it came in earlier this week when he saw a Flint Mica on the lot, but it was actually an automatic that someone else ordered. Then he also said that they have a Silver Streak on the lot right now (but it's loaded with EVERYTHING...way more than I need).

My thing is, when I put my deposit down last month, I was told I was second on the list and the guy in front of me was getting a Silver Streak. So:

1) Where did the loaded Silver Streak come from...

and

2) Where did the Flint Mica auto come from?

I think I'm getting paranoid that they sent an auto that was SUPPOSED to be my 5 spd, and now they're gonna' be rushing around trying to get the right one for me. OK, so maybe that's not the case, but that's what I'm worried about anyways.

Anyone else notice any "odd and end" tCs hitting the lot while other people are still waiting for their orders? If so, what's up with that?!?

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
rest assured, it isnt out of spite. it isnt just about who orders first or second, its also what cars we have available to pick from when we do our allocations. it isnt as easy as saying "we want that", because "that" may not be available in port at the time. or may already be spoken for by a dealership who preferenced it before we did. lots of factors. my first shipment of them was on a container ship that got held up in customs for three days. i cant account for that when i tell someone when i can get them a car, you know? it really is a pain in the ass for us to get these cars, i swear.
the thing that really bothers me is having to tell people that its going to be a month. or two more weeks after having waited a month already. and there isnt a damn thing i can do about it. i deal in disappointment, daily. and it sucks.

·
Registered
181 Posts
i called my dealer today and didn't like what i heard.. he told me that they're trying
to see if they can talk to another dealer and possibly get my car that way.. yeah
like that'll happen especially with my luck.. just the other day my tire blew out
on my current car

i'm expecting the worse possible answer back from my dealer on monday..

*sigh* another weekend w/o a tC.. damn i should've just taken that super white
automatic that was available instead of ordering my car

·
Registered
422 Posts
My dealer had to call another one to get his allocation of the car from port. My dealer gave me the VIN # of the vehicle. I checked the dealer's website for new vehicle inventory. My VIN # vehicle is listed and I've been told I'll get my tC two days after the date listed available. I guess that means it's in port on that date.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I just picked my my tC today. It had 2 little things that was weird:

1. we ordered wheel locks but it doesn't have any. We didn't notice until we got home. that's a dealership installed thing, so monday when my sale's rep is back in town I'm going down to get them. I might go tomorrow though, just to be on the safe side.
2. There was this little bag with two black plastic things that apparently are supposed to go on the bottom of the car. it says the "pre-delievery inspector" was supposed to instal them...

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1) I ordered wheel locks b/c I know they're supposed to help deter theft....but I have no idea what they "REALLY" are. I mean, do I get a special key, myself, for them...so I can change my tire if it goes flat, etc.? If so, and you lose that key, what has to happen for you to get a spare? (I'm so bad with keys...hehe).

2) I've heard about the black plastic things on another forum....let me try to find some of the conversations for you....

* Edit: Got this from multiple posts about this topic on a Yahoo! group....hope their tid-bits help!

"The "Body Plugs" found in the glovebox of any Scion or Toyota or Lexus are spare ones the Factory puts in. They are already factory installed so in a PDI... Pre Delivery Inspection they are not need and left in the glove box."

"ok, the plugs are in every Toyota. Sometimes they get put in, sometimes not. they aren't a big thing. What I was told about these plugs is that they are for holes that some certain tow trucks' hitches. I think for some of the older ones, but I don't know."

"I found out where they go, which is under the car just before the back tires, I inserted them in the holes, but have no friggin clue what the Hell they are for???!!! and why according to the package they are so important??? but my biggest question is why did I have to go under my car and insert them and my dealership didn't????!!! Makes me wonder what else they missed VR???!!!!!!! ;-)"

"That being the case, whoever installed those plugs where they "thought" they should go might want to take them out and go down to the dealer. Would hate to hear of someone prematurely rusting out their tC because they plugged a hole that was actually a necessary drain hole."

·
Registered
619 Posts
Wheel locks are a special type of lug nut that is shaped VERY differently than normal. I need to get a set myself. They are meant purely as a deterrent. A good thief can find away around anything. The key is a socket adaptor that would go into the lock and allow a lug wrench to attach to the nut. Hope that makes since. If not i am sure someone else will pipe up with an explanation.

·
Registered
181 Posts
well i just got a call back from my dealer and suprise suprise.. he was able to
swing a deal with another dealership, here in state!!! they've agreed to ship them
over a silver tC on monday!!!

whew.. what a big relief.. okay 2 more days til I get my tC.. well it's just about
3 p.m. now.. but this calls for a

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
no worries on a drain hole being plugged, those holes are there for the reason loopy posted. to tie cars down to trucks. yes, the dealer should have put them in, but they are no big deal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts