Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting my tC in a coupel months....right now, this is what i have

Flint Mica
Pedestal Spolier
Ground Effects Kit
SRS Side Airbags (cant be too safe)
Ipod Capability (for those that have it, cant you just buy a plug for $30 from apple and use that?)
Subwoofer
Lowering Springs
Shocks

Should be a SWEET ride, Im really pumped

Any suggestions from you tC owners?

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
2 of those things you couldve installed yourself

the subwoofer is a real waste of money

the bodykit and spoiler can be installed and purchased cheaper than fromt the dealer.

flint mica is the number one choice,thats means u and ur neighbor could possibly have the same color at one point.

the ipod capabilties are nice, but im not so sure i woul use it that often.

SRS Airbags seem to not deploy unless triggered by another sensor.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wait, so i could pay for the spoiler and body kit, AND the time to put them in for less than from the site?

Is it still the same spoiler?

I like Flint Mica a lot, it is an intreuginig color.

Why do you say the subwoofer is not needed?

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Ipod capability's a waste.... if you want to save a bit of money, there's the AUX capability on the stereo, and inside the box between the driver & passenger seats, there's an AUX adapter (basically a headphone jack). Get a double-sided headphone wire and string it between your ipod and the aux adapter and you can play it right there... the only thing that the iPod stereo adds is a wire that plugs in to the bottom of the iPod so you can display the song name on the stereo.

I got the SRS side airbags on mine... It makes me feel a little safer...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this is cool, I am figuring out what i really dont need! THe ipod adapter will go, i will just buy a double headphone jack for like $3!

But when I get the parts from the dealer, can I have them put it on the day it comes it so it will be ready to go? I have never had a dealer install stuff like this...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yea the sub is a waste, i wish i would have never got it, i could have gotten a nice box with a descend sub and amp for the price i paid for that freakin sub + the cost of install

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Nope - most don't include install fee

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
unless it says "installation not included", then iinstallation is included.

if you have a mechanic friend, it would be cheaper to buy the springs and shocks some where else and have them help you install them.

i would stick with the iPod capability just for the display factor.

the only things you would probably want your dealer to install is the ground effects and spoiler, unless you buy it from Sparks and have a trustworthy bodyshop put it on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The iPod option is not just for displaying the song titles! You can also control the iPod from the steering wheel/faceplate, which is much easier than getting it out of the armrest and playing around with the iPod while you drive.

Whew -- glad I didn't get the sub -- it seemed a little expensive. Yeah, most things are cheaper to have done elsewhere, but do consider the tradeoff between having to pay for it upfront vs. financing it with the rest of the car. In my case, I knew I would never come back and put down $350/$400 + down-time to have someone install the exhaust, so I just ordered the car with it, and paid the $125 extra (spread out over 5 years...).

.R

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wait, i thought you culdnt control the ipod with the wheel?

Can you select playlists and artists, or only change the track?

I dont have any car savvy friends, if I order the springs and lowering system, do I just get the parts, and then have to find someone to put them on?

Are these 2 even that neccessary for those that have them?

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
ok lets break this down...

iPod: you can only change tracks.

Springs: You only need springs, the shocks are not necessary. to make things simpler, just order it with the car since you wont have anyone to put it on for you.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.