Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first new car, so I'm not used to having a clean engine or anything. When I first got the car, I checked the oil and it was so light in color, it was almost transparent. I now have 4900 miles and just scheduled my first oil change. I checked the oil today and I am still above the lower notch, so the car hasn't really burnt much off. However, the color of the oil is now very dark. Went from a light yellow to a brown. Is this normal? The car runs fine and everything, just checking with some of you that have more knowledge/experience than I on something like this. Let me know if this is to be expected or if I should mention it to the dealer when I get the oil changed this week. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
that is normal

·
Registered
675 Posts
yup, welcome to what happens to oil as it's used over time.. and you're right, it's so clear when new, you can barely see it on the dipstick!!

and you should be happy that the level did not go down, that means the engine is working perfectly.. mine hasn't had its level go down either.. and that's what it's supposed to do, keep the oil IN THE ENGINE..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.