Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haha... Flippy could second me on this one. We just had our first snow of the year and it was a doozy. 6-8" of nice and heavy wet snow..... so here's some pics of a snowballed tC. Did you get snow your way Flip? And if so, how did the lowered car handle it? For anyone doing snow driving this year, our nice behemoth handles the snow excellent. Weighing near 3,000 lbs will do that....

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah yeah. LoL....that's why I'm waiting to see if Flippy got snow in his neck of the woods and how the lowered car handled it.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nope. Will be up to 150 miles when I go to the parents for Thanksgiving. (40 mile round trip) hehe....yeah...3 days after I get my car.... 8" of snow, officially. I wish my camera was at work...you should have seen the drifting on top before I had to brush it off to come home. My car seems to like to be dramatic.... first one... 3 weeks...gets killed.... 2nd one... 3 days... tons of snow.

Thought all you guys in Cali would get a kick out of seeing it

·
Registered
117 Posts
Looks like you got our share of the white stuff too Labby! We got some flurries at about 11am and by mid-afternoon it was sunny, 65 degrees and I was driving with my sunroof open.
I love Kansas weather. I'm sure we'll get ours down here soon enough. Just ordered the optional snowplow for the front...I'll post pics when I get it on

Nice pics tho...Do you know if KC got the same? That'd make the Plaza Lights look awesome tonight!

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh yeah. Whole area got anywhere from 6-8 inches. 8 in Olathe. You got nothing? NOTHING? You make me sick. LoL....65 degrees. Sheesh. Guess 100 miles makes a difference. Ah well. Most of it will be gone in a few days when it all melts. But for the lights tonight...it'll be a perfect scene. Snow....Plaza lights....lotsa people. For those of you who are clueless...probably a search on the Plaza Lights will pop up a result.... It's nap time so maybe Flip will finish what the whole deal is about

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by rangerk@Nov 25 2004, 03:29 PM
WEll it did rain a a little here in the Motherlode but no Snow.

How are ya driving that tC in the snow when chains won't fit? Snow tires?
Nope, just regular all-season tires. Kansas is....flat. Really flat. So not too many hills to navigate.
People around here wouldn't know how to use chains. Me included.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm going to have Les Schwab sipe my tires (the Potenza 92's) after my car gets out of the body shop. My bumper is in and will be put on next week (Deer Damage). I still fear I will have to buy Spider Chains.... There is NOTHING but hills in the Sierra Nevada Foothills.

K

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
We just got back from up north near Oregon & I was afraid there might be snow through Shasta Natl. Forest, but it was clear going both ways... We came back a day early & supposedly there's a chance of snow up there tomorrow... I'll just be happy to be in our own bed tonight!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Labfish, I'm drivin my TC up to the snow in a couple days....Just wanna know how the Yokahama tires hold up in the snow???

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.