Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was runnin some new wires and I touched the floor with the remote turn-on wire and my radio cut off. Do you think I blew the radio (stock HU) or just a fuse. If so which fuse.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
if it shut off instently I would say you blew a fuse. If it is aftermarket you may have a fuse on the back of the HU. Other wise it should be one of the 15watt fuses (if it is the same as an xB) in the fuse box below the steering weel. My freind did the same thing to his xB. He just blew a fuse.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
does anything else no longer work, that did before the wire touching incident??? i.e. guages, lights cigarette lighters???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
the radio may have a safety feature like some amps, check ur manual, but i would try disconnecting the wiring harness from the back of the stereo and reinserting it. see if it resets.

i dont recall b/c i took my deck out the day i got my car, but i believe the OEM headunit does have a safety feature, where if tampered with, requires a code which would be most-likely in your owners manual or the stereo owners manual...check that out first b/c to me that is most likely (a very common feature in new cars)

if nothing else, you can take it to a install place and see if they will trouble shoot for you for free
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
730 Posts
No code to reset on these radios. If all the fuses are OK, you may have quite possibly damaged the radio. Try removing the main harness of the radio for about 10 seconds or so and plug it back in to rese the unit. Dunno if it will work or not, but worth a try. Also, while your back there, get a VOM and check the voltage on the B+ and ACC wires to make sure they show at least 12V.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,713 Posts
Next time.... make sure you disconnect the ground to your battery before you do any wiring. It'll save you the trouble of going thru this again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
Originally posted by onefunkyfreshdj@May 10 2005, 08:31 PM
Next time.... make sure you disconnect the ground to your battery before you do any wiring. It'll save you the trouble of going thru this again.
amen
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top