Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just test drove another scion @ a different dealer and it only had 140miles on it and the panorama was rattling to beat the band!

I sure hope this was a defect and not a reflection of whats to come.

I was really bummed when it started rattling. It almost killed the whole car for me. Can someone please tell me I drove a bad scion and that the roof is not going to rattle after only 100 (one hundred) miles.

I really want to still like this car!

//gwailo-

·
Registered
502 Posts
I hope it was just that car, but even if it's all the tCs I will still plan on buying one. That would be pretty weak if that happened all the time though.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The scion i test drove had 168 miles on it and the roof was not rattling

·
Registered
7 Posts
I test drove a tC 7/1 with 104 miles. No noise...in fact I was amazed how quiet it performed without the sound sealant package.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Jrblack100@Jul 3 2004, 07:30 AM
I test drove a tC 7/1 with 104 miles. No noise...in fact I was amazed how quiet it performed without the sound sealant package.
there is a sound sealing package? Like dynamatting or something?

anyway, the first scion I drove had about 50 (fifty) miles on it and was one of the quietest cars I have driven in a long time. It was sweet.

I'm hoping it was a flook with this one because this car needs to do good.

//gwailo-

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
just passed 200 miles on my tC - whisper quiet still.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Originally posted by gwailo+Jul 3 2004, 09:28 AM-->QUOTE (gwailo @ Jul 3 2004, 09:28 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Jrblack100
@Jul 3 2004, 07:30 AM
I test drove a tC 7/1 with 104 miles.  No noise...in fact I was amazed how quiet it performed without the sound sealant package.
there is a sound sealing package? Like dynamatting or something?

anyway, the first scion I drove had about 50 (fifty) miles on it and was one of the quietest cars I have driven in a long time. It was sweet.

I'm hoping it was a flook with this one because this car needs to do good.

//gwailo-[/b]
Some (all?) dealerships offer a "Vehicle Shield Package" consisting of Lusterizing Sealant, Sound Shield, Sealant Cleaner, Rental Car Assistance for $349. It's not listed on the main Scion web site. I did not order it for mine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mine had 9 miles on it when I took delivery. Since then I've put nearly 500 miles on it and have had NO rattles ANYWHERE in the car. It's a solid ride!

·
Registered
999 Posts
I read that the tC's are indeed silent cars, but once you hit above 60, you start hearing some disturbances (wind). Anyone verify?

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
i havent noticed any rattles at ALL. quiet as she goes. as far as wind noise, nothing also. 600+ miles so far

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
glad to be here, thanks to your recommendation of course!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Lets see. I took delivery 6/30 @ 5miles. its now 7/8 @ 771. No rattles. The wind noise has gotten a little louder on the highway but nothing to bad. It's a bit louder @ 100 though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just passed 215mi on my Scion and have done some pretty rigorous roads (bumpy summer-construction)...

All's well nice and quiet, beautiful, zippy (I love my Scion!!!)

·
Registered
56 Posts
300+ No rattles at all. Have some bad roads here too. I love this car.

·
Registered
742 Posts
That sound package is a load of crap, do not waste your money;)

I have been considered somewhat knowledgeable on the subject.

BUT, these cars are very noisy on the highway, amazing at how much factory deadening they have yet some areas are just missed and lead to very very high road noise.

BUT again, I spend an average of at least 100 hours on all my cars and trucks to make them quieter than a Bently, really:)

When we get this project car of ours done I will gladly show you a quiet tC.

Rick

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
21,500 miles & no rattles what so ever.... except for the rattles in the trunk from the 15" Rockford.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts