Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rats! The flea condos aka Columbian Black-Tailed Mule Deer, could't wait to come out in a herd on a road in Nevada County last night. I saw two and was braking to check for more when a third small one walked in front of my tC. I swerved right and applied the brakes and bam! hit the flea-condo in its left rear thigh area causing a 2 inch deep dinner plate sized dent in the front bumper, cracks in two places in the bumper and some separation of the bumper from the drivers side fender. The deer ran off.

A truck following behind me hit a straggler behind me at 45mph and crumpled its bumper and hood. The second deer was killed instantly.

I bet it takes two weeks at least for the Toyota/Scion place in Auburn to get a new bumper for me. Thank god my deductible is only $250.00. I'm grateful the headlight was ok most deer collisions do much more damage.

They definitely need a longer deer hunting season.. flea and tick harboring pests.

"Bing" my nickname for my Black Cherry Pearl tC is now pitted

K.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Ouch! At least it's only minor damage....I'm sure you've seen the results of my car vs. 2001 Blazer

·
Registered
614 Posts
tCs are proven warriors.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Woohoo...Full Trauma Alert in the hospital 2-night!! Maybe the guy hit a deer

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Ouch - out of control police car t-boned a car with 2 16yo girls in it. What they were out doing at 11pm I'm sure their parents would like to know. Sheesh. Still have one in surgery takin' blood like it was candy.

And thus, my point that 16yo's shouldn't be allowed to drive.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I totally agree with you Labfish.....I know how I was at that age...not too bad...but you really got to watch out now....

·
Registered
614 Posts
Originally posted by strawberry@Nov 6 2004, 01:24 PM
but you really got to watch out now....
yeah, apparantly for the police driving erratically. funny how they tell us speeding doesn't get you where you are going much faster, but yet they turn on the lights and speed to the scenes of crimes and get there faster than driving normal speed....

·
Registered
409 Posts
=(, what about the poor deer? cuz i bet they were walking around there before we built roads =(, thats sad, oh and ur car =( sucks that the tC is such high demand the parts are probably like scarce >.<

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
^^^^ LoL...the parts are probably still on the boat from Japan

·
Registered
228 Posts
too bad the wistles don't work. they should do more research and come up with something that would scare the deer off the road...

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Originally posted by Labfish@Nov 5 2004, 11:40 PM
And thus, my point that 16yo's shouldn't be allowed to drive.
I couldn't put it better myself. I think that 16 is way to young to have a license.

And on topic... sorry to hear about your accident, but you are lucky it wasn't that bad. I've seen big cars totalled by a 250lb dear. Good luck with the repair.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Originally posted by Kwiksilver+Nov 6 2004, 12:42 PM-->QUOTE (Kwiksilver @ Nov 6 2004, 12:42 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-strawberry
@Nov 6 2004, 01:24 PM
but you really got to watch out now....
yeah, apparantly for the police driving erratically. funny how they tell us speeding doesn't get you where you are going much faster, but yet they turn on the lights and speed to the scenes of crimes and get there faster than driving normal speed.... [/b]
Well the accident made the paper - cops were chasing a stolen car and the girls apparently thought that after the stolen car and the 1st cop car went through the intersection it was ok to go about and continue on their merry way, when second cop car with lights on and sirens blaring slammed into the side of their car. Driver's side impact which is the one we had to work on most of the night.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by phammerz@Nov 6 2004, 12:57 PM
=(, what about the poor deer? cuz i bet they were walking around there before we built roads =(, thats sad, oh and ur car =( sucks that the tC is such high demand the parts are probably like scarce >.<
The poor deer? You must live in the city.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by Kwiksilver@Nov 6 2004, 04:42 PM
yeah, apparantly for the police driving erratically. funny how they tell us speeding doesn't get you where you are going much faster, but yet they turn on the lights and speed to the scenes of crimes and get there faster than driving normal speed....
Right. Better to let burglars, bank robbers, and murderers get free than allow police officers to speed.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Originally posted by Labfish@Nov 6 2004, 09:13 PM
Well the accident made the paper - cops were chasing a stolen car and the girls apparently thought that after the stolen car and the 1st cop car went through the intersection it was ok to go about and continue on their merry way, when second cop car with lights on and sirens blaring slammed into the side of their car.  Driver's side impact which is the one we had to work on most of the night.
ah, i see. not the police's fault. still that's sad. the doors are the worst places to get hit. it sounded like it was their fault at first. i've heard a story or two about the poilce driving around normally just patrolling and stuff and hitting cars and not wanting to take the blame when they were clearly at fault.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Originally posted by Kwiksilver@Nov 7 2004, 07:33 PM
... poilce driving around normally just patrolling and stuff and hitting cars and not wanting to take the blame when they were clearly at fault...
i don't know man, but i think that the cop would get into some BIG trouble if they were proven wrong or smth... last time my dad got a ticket (for not yielding to pedestrian) the case was just too funny - to yield the right of way we would have to make emergency braking+get hit by a car behind us, that would obviously not react in time to brake same fast+pedestrian was starting to cross from the LEFT (leaving us more then plenty of time to pass) - well, the cop gave us $80 ticket, and when my dad went to court over the thing, he made up a whole different story about the situation - he said he was driving directly behind us (while there was an acura integra, i DO remember), that the pedestrian was crossing from the right, etc etc... just plain against the facts... and judge believed him, not having other witnesses...

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had deer whistles on my car a few years ago. You stick them on the front of your car and when the air moves through them it makes a noise the deer are supposed to hear. Just my luck... I came up on a deaf deer. Anyway, I heard a few weeks ago that someone proved they don't work. I proved that 2 years ago.

Its really bad here in Missouri. Our only chance to be able to drive without hitting a deer is a good deer season.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Police get sued all the time, when people claim (rightly or wrongly) that the police officer was driving overly recklessly...

Oh, and deer suck. My girlfriend hit one a few years ago and it did loads of damage to her car. I've had several near-misses myself.

·
Registered
614 Posts
i'm glad there aren't any deer around here. but we do have to watch out to not get hit from other people in their cars. no offence to anyone here, because i know that we are all good drivers
, but california drivers are horrible. always in such a hurry or something. it's like they think that the diamond in the car pool lane on the highway is another symbol for infinity, meaning infinity speed. or maybe it's the make your own speed symbol. i just stay away from that lane. i'm by myself usually, plus it's easy to get tickets in that lane. i see it all the time.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts