Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search but nothin came up and i dunno if my web browser is just messin with it but it gave me an error everytime i put in more that 1 word,

ANYWAYS, i have TRD spring and im lookin to get some rims, but i dunno what size would be right, i just want to get a different style of 17's, im just confused on the offset... now that its lowered, will a 40 offset fit?

· Registered
4,894 Posts
Depends on the width of the wheel. Stock wheel size is 17x7, 45 offset. 17x7 40 offset, or even 35 offset will fit.

If you get a wider wheel, then it is something entirely different.

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about a a bigger offset like such 48 or 50 with the same size rim, 17x7, im osrry for my stupidity but iv never bought rims before....

· Registered
4,894 Posts
Nope. The larger the offset, the farther IN the wheel goes.

· Registered
5,132 Posts
Originally posted by superchargedscion@Jan 22 2006, 01:49 PM
What about a a bigger offset like such 48 or 50 with the same size rim, 17x7, im osrry for my stupidity but iv never bought rims before....
For 7.0" width, +35 is the lowest you can go safely; stock is +45. It is definitely best to stick to a range of +40 to +50 for 7.0" width wheels on the tC.

If you're thinking of other widths, state it here and we'll provide offset figures that'll work.

-Ed

· Registered
1,685 Posts
I'm thinking of gettin some 17X8's so what offset would work best? I don't currently have lowering springs but may get them in a year or so.

-Eric

· Registered
5,132 Posts
Originally posted by buderic@Jan 22 2006, 09:08 PM
I'm thinking of gettin some 17X8's so what offset would work best? I don't currently have lowering springs but may get them in a year or so.

-Eric
Read this.

-Ed

· Registered
1,103 Posts
so would 17x7.0 with +40 offset fit with a almost 2 inch drop? is there a possibility at all of rubbing? can u even SEE the difference between +45 and +40?

· Registered
5,132 Posts
Originally posted by AcrimoniousBear@Jan 23 2006, 05:42 AM
so would 17x7.0 with +40 offset fit with a almost 2 inch drop? is there a possibility at all of rubbing? can u even SEE the difference between +45 and +40?
Yes, it will fit.

No, it won't rub.

Yes, I can see a difference. Some people may not.

-Ed

· Registered
1,103 Posts
ok and lastly what does "CB" stand for? and "ET" is offset im guessing as well as bolt pattern being "PCD". what im talking about is here at this link. can u tell me what im looking at? with all the xtra specs? if u dont mind. thanx
http://www.hd-inc.com/images/spinoutgmspecs.gif

i think i just hijacked but it was a totally not on purpose. i just want to make sure ish is straight.

· Registered
1,103 Posts
ok thanx. i thought that might be it but i wasnt sure. what is it on the stock wheel? sorry if im a question machine.

· Registered
1,103 Posts
i drive rather spirited now. are you talking spirited such as regular autoX events? THAT, i dont plan on doing often. the spirited driving i do is just having fun on twisties.the CB on the wheels i want is 73. that sounds drastic and shearing off a lug is pretty scary.

· Registered
407 Posts
I don't necessarily mean autox. It sounds like you know what I meant though.

There are two types of wheels really, hub-centric and lug-centric. Hub-centric wheels put stress on the hubs of your car which is a strong piece of metal in comparison to a slim stud that your lug nuts attach to. Weight is also distributed across the lugs but much less so as compared to lug-centric wheels which put all the weight on the studs and lug nuts since the hub/center bore is larger than the hub on the car and thus doesn't rest on it.

Hopefully I'm explaining that right. You could always shear off a lug in either case but the chances of that happening are far less with a hub-centric wheel than they are with one that is lug-centric.

You could always email the manufacturer and ask if they offer adapter rings. The OZ wheels I've put on my tC came with a larger bore than the tC hub but they came with forged aluminum adapter rings that slip inside the bore on the wheel and snug it to the hubs on the car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.