Scion tC Forums banner

offset shiftknob

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  &The TC& @HTown 
#1 ·
i just noticed today that when the tC's shiftknob is in neutral and sticking straight up, it's off towards the right more, which confuses me sometimes, because when i look down when im supposed to be in 1st gear, it looks like im in 3rd because the whole shifter is set more to the right. does anyone else notice this or get confused by it? maybe they will change it for 2006 and make it centered to be less confusing

#2 ·
nah..it does but it just comes with experience..people that have driving manual cars for a while dont have a problem with it..not that i know of actually..my NSX is worse, it looks like im in first when im in neutral because the locations for shifting are so close

#3 ·
"because when i look down when im supposed to be in 1st gear, it looks like im in 3rd"

A: If you're looking at your gear stick every time you shift, you have bigger issues than being confused about 1st and 3rd gear....

B. ....how can you get 1st and 3rd confused, 1st is only used when you are going from a dead start and are accelerating, 3rd is not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.