Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a way that the OEM fog lights could be wired so that they work independently without the headlights being on? i figure it's just a matter of connecting the wires somewhere else or something. i have no idea, so i ask.

·
Registered
427 Posts
They're probably getting power from the headlight +12V. I would assume that rerouting the power to a separate source would solve the problem. However, I doubt they would turn off automagically with the headlights when you get out of the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm trying to do the same thing to my xA RS. I installed the factory kit myself but now I'm trying to rewire them indepentently from the headlights. There are 5 wires going into the relay. 2 green, 2 yellow and 1 red. I'll bet the red is the hot wire but I don't have a multimeter to check.

Once I figure out which is the hot wire then all you need to do is relocate it to a different power source that goes off with the ignition.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.