Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who has the Speed Star or Speed Star Mesh; does it feel like plastic?
I read the outter part is metal, but the inner is pure plastic.
Only way to verify, I guess, is to crack one open or by the weight.
Also, is it loose when it's on? Or is it perfectlly snug.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I've got the Speed Star and I'm very happy with it. Feels like metal (especially after being in the sun for a while-nearly burned OBX into my hand a few times) and fits snug as a bug.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the speed star (non mesh) and it feels like quality metal. Feels very durable and I have no complaints on its quality and looks. I recommend it for the auto b/c the auto's stock shift knob feels very cheap, but for the 5 speed, I really can't say. What I do want to mention though is I think the leather would look nicer on the 5 speed than the speed star because the 5speed needs a weird addon piece that makes it look kinda high and the black boot would probably look better with leather, but thats just my opinon.

·
Registered
614 Posts
the dealer screwed mine on kind of loose, but all i had to do was twist it a couple of times and finish the screwing on. now it fits nice and snug and hasn't moved as far as i can tell. it is definately metal and doesn't feel cheap at all. i really like it better than the stock one and i have an automatic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts