Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Ergonomic OBX Shift Know sold by Toyota and the little plastic piece the gets inserted inside the shift know before you screw it on will no longer hold the shift knob tightly in place.

Does anyone know where I can go to get a replacement part or a site that sells the actually threaded tubing in length.

Thanks in advance

-Teksabian

05 TC
TRD Exhaust
Injen CAI
B&M Short Throw Shifter
XM and Sirius Installed

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
replace it. i have nothing good to say about OBX knobs, nor do i believe they are worth the effort to replace parts on. go get a nice weighted momo, it will last forever.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Mine's auto so it doesn't matter if it's weighted or not.

But.... you can try teflon tape. Anything that will widen the plastic piece a little will make it have better grip.

Or is it the plastic piece that's not gripping onto the shifter shaft? Wrap the shifter shaft threads with teflon tape.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have a Sparco knob on my auto. I wound up basically fabricating a threaded insert into the knob so it screws down nice and tight. I should've taken pictures, but I didn't. It was basically about an 1.5" long hex piece that was already threaded which I inserted into the largest plastic piece that came with the knob and then knocked the new piece up to the top of the knob so it sits lower than stock and is much more comfortable.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
I want to sell my OBX..it's comfy grip but the weight is just so horribly light.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Originally posted by teksabian@Feb 3 2006, 05:42 PM
i would need to wrap the shifter in 4mm of teflon tape, thats alot of tape
I meant you need to wrap the plastic piece with it if it's not gripping.... or the shifter shaft...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.