Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have noticed over the last few weeks that my OBX shift knob is chipping in the section that says OBX and is made of some sort of metal plating. I noticed it bubbling over the last couple months and then this weekend a piece chipped off. Anyone else notice this? I have had my tC since August, so if I have it I would expect someone else might too.

Oh and BTW: "Blouses win Charlie Murphy"

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope, not at all, it kinda sucks, I think (I can't remember from when I put the knob on) but that part might be removable. Maybe I will email OBX and see if they won't send me a replacement for that piece.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just called OBX, didn't realize that they were located in the Bay area. They said they would send a replacement for that piece.

Later,

Nick

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BTW Eric you may want to change the time. I just noticed that you are still on pre daylight savings.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
thanks nick, i am going there now. same problem with mine.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, when I got the replacement it took me a few minutes to figure out how to replace it. All it requires is you taking off the shift kno and getting a thin long screwdriver and pushing the cap off with the screwdriver, from the other side of the knob. Then you just push down the new one into place. (it is held there by a rubber o-band. Pretty quick and easy. I think the email address is [email protected]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.