Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any1 here had the OBX cat back exhaust system or axle back and if so how you liked it. I would like to know about what it sounds like how loud and everything like that. Also would like to know what it looks like on the car installed as I cant find any pictures. If any1 can please post them or let me know where you got it from. Thanks for any help guys

·
Registered
177 Posts
i have the OBX axle back exhaust on mine. had it for about 3 months already,. it looks sweet and super clean. it comes out teh rear at a straight angle, not drift style so it apears somewhat unoticable, that is until you go far back enough to notice the high polish piping going down then middle of the car. i love it. it has a nice deep tone to it, not raspy at all. there are times where i don't really hear the exhaust on the highway at all, and other times like at 5AM in the morning on the way to work, i feel its too loud, like the exhaust tone resonates heavily into the car at times, mostly at lower RPM or under acceleration under 4K RPM. other than that, i love it.

only problem i had with it was it was too lose for me, it moved way to much where backing up into my drive way where there is a hump where the drivway meets the road, hitting that i could hear the exuast bounce off the bumper. there are only two hangers that hold it up so i had a third one put in the middle. it took away from the sleek look but i can deal with it if it gives me functionality. thats about it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have the OBX axle back exhaust on mine. had it for about 3 months already,. it looks sweet and super clean. it comes out teh rear at a straight angle, not drift style so it apears somewhat unoticable, that is until you go far back enough to notice the high polish piping going down then middle of the car. i love it. it has a nice deep tone to it, not raspy at all. there are times where i don't really hear the exhaust on the highway at all, and other times like at 5AM in the morning on the way to work, i feel its too loud, like the exhaust tone resonates heavily into the car at times, mostly at lower RPM or under acceleration under 4K RPM. other than that, i love it.

only problem i had with it was it was too lose for me, it moved way to much where backing up into my drive way where there is a hump where the drivway meets the road, hitting that i could hear the exuast bounce off the bumper. there are only two hangers that hold it up so i had a third one put in the middle. it took away from the sleek look but i can deal with it if it gives me functionality. thats about it!

WHERE DID YOU PUT THAT HANGER. cuz I've tried and no luck shit still hits. I'm to the point where I just have to have the music loud

·
Registered
2005 Scion tC
3 Posts
My Scion has a Borla exhaust with a pretty decent tone, not loud but deep and subtle

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not a catback but I bought a Takeda axle-back at 4wheelonline about a month ago and I'm very pleased with it. Low volume at idle but it will produce a nice growl when you accelerate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts