Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first i did search... at least 15 dif ways... result nothing....

so i'm just wondering what NY-ers have for tint % if you even have tint ...

i'm figuring because of the sunroof we can get away with darker tint
???

· Registered
136 Posts
NY state law requires no more than 30% visibility tints on the front driver and passenger sides. the back u can have anything and on the front window, u can have only a 6 inch strip going along the top. i believe those are the current laws on tints in NY.

however, i have darker. hahaha ask EDDNOG, my tints are pretty dark.

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you know the % you have or does anyone else.... ??? i swear i see cars driving around westchester with 20 25 %

· Registered
5,132 Posts
Originally posted by I Want A tC nOw@Aug 30 2005, 09:17 AM
do you know the % you have or does anyone else.... ??? i swear i see cars driving around westchester with 20 25 %
I see it as well, but it's not legal. I have covers over my license plate; they're clear, so you see the plate perfectly clear. However, technically, my plate covers aren't legal--I just haven't been stopped or come back to my car to find a fix-it or anything like that for htem (yet).

I think that the rule is technically only 6" at the top allowed on the front windshield, nothing allowed on the front side windows (which, on a coupe, are the side windows) and then something like 30% on the rear side windows and the rear windshield. People routinely do 25% on all side windows and on the rear windshield and seem to get away with it, just as I do with my plate covers, but that doesn't make them legal.

-Ed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.