Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the track again 2 weekends ago, and was very proud of my little tC. Managed to race two 1/4 mile runs at an ET of 15.242 sec at about 89 mph. I ran about 12 runs over the course of the night and averaged ET's of about 15.35 sec. My car has an Injen CAI, DC Header, and Blitz Nur-Spec axle back exhaust (but stock tires might I add
). I'm pretty happy because stock my tC was only able to run a 16.1 sec 1/4 mile. Almost a full second improvement.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I'll lay claim to the improvement in your ETs was related to your driving skills improving rather than the mods on your car. I don't think 5-12 hp on a 2900 lbs. car is going to drop your ET by nearly a second. I could be wrong, but that is my theory.

Congrats on the lower times though, earned or bought, faster is faster.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
the combination of mods and driver improvement certainly can attest to that time. nicely done.

·
Registered
32 Posts
he sayed he was trapping 89mph,

i have to say, congrats on some very good runs. that is mighty quick for a tC with those mods. congrats. i want to know your 60ft. times. i bet with just better tires, you could get into the 14's.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
I wish there was a track near me

Hey, how much is it to do 1/4 runs and stuff like that? Do they charge like by the hour or by the run? or just an entry fee?

Thanks,

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I Live on the Island of Oahu in Hawaii, so the track is pretty much at sea level. It's kind of warm here, averaging around 80 degrees with a pretty humid climate. We pay just an $8.00 entry fee, and you can race all night if you want for no extra charge. Hang out at the beach all day for free, then pay 8 bucks and race all night. Pretty sweet here in Hawaii. Unfortunately, this track (Hawaii Raceway Park) will be closing in April, and it's the only track on the island
. There's no way I can afford my supercharger by then. My final goal with my tC was to run a 13.999s or faster 1/4 mile so that the track would require that I wear a helmet. With the supercharger and appropriate mods (pulley, header, full cat-back exhaust), I think it's fully possible. After April, I may never have a time slip to prove it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
btw, for ralliartist, my 60 ft times for my two 15.2s runs were 2.236s and 2.254s

·
Registered
508 Posts
no his mph is about right. i ran a 15.42 at just over 88mph with a 2.2 60'. and if you read at the bottom you will see what is done on my car. although the tires for me didnt help launching that much bc i was getting 2.2 60' times with the stocks on my car.(yokohama) good job on improving your driving skills though man.

it took me 3 trips to the track to get my car from a best of 15.63 down to a 15.42. im hoping ill have the chance to take it down one more time and see if i can improve a little bit more before i do a little project to my car. im keeping it a secret until its finished.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Who want's to search for ALaS where the nearest track is to Cypress California.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i'd be willing to bet with better tires, you could pull a 2.0 60ft. and squeeze out a 13.9! get some better tires on there and try it before the track closes! let me know!!!

·
Registered
508 Posts
its going to be tricky to get a 2.0 60' out of our cars. not saying it cant be done but it will be tricky. my 2.23 was with the tires trying to let loose but didnt. i could feel them constantly going from grip to slip until the car got moving. if that makes any since.

they werent spinning but they didnt go into a flat out spinning smoke fest either. maybe if one of the guys on here who have the 245's on the front of there cars will be able to pull it off. with my car sitting as low as it is i rub the inner plastic fender well now. well i did until i cut them out some.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.