Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into a small NOS system to install. I don't have plans on using it frequently. I think it would be nice to have a little power shot so I could have some fun wiht a couple 350s. They have a cheater set but I think the minimum shot is up to 75hp. If the motor can withstand added power from the supercharger toyota is claiming to come out with. Then wouldn't the motor be able to handle a NOS shot without wearing out any internal components?. What about install is it a big Von Beeyotch to install.

·
Registered
272 Posts
im willing to bet that the motor could take a 75 shot pretty easy, maybe even a 100shot.

dry systems are stupid simple to install on an EFI car....but in my opinion can create damage if too large a shot is used on a stock fuel components

wet system is a little more involved but still not rocket science....would be my first choice because with a wet system i know the necessary fuel is being injected with the nitrous

direct port would definitely be the best system, however, with drilling and tapping the intake manifold runners, plus tuning a direct port, it is a system best left to someone whos done it before

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The cheater might be carb, I really meant the one for injected. Not sure what set up I would go with, just want to see if there is no major damage if you use a shot every once in a while.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
As small as the OEM injectors are, I'd just go wet and call it a day. Besides, Zero is right, it's way safer to use a wet kit than a dry kit from an engine perspective.

The big negative is the intake manifold. It has a huge plenum at the very bottom, so if there is any fuel puddling, it's going to sit in the bottom. Fuel puddles lead to backfires, and with a plastic intake manifold, an intake backfire could be devastating. I've seen NOS blow the plastic end tanks off the OEM Supra intercooler. I imagine having a serious intake backfire with our plastic manifold could mean a tow is the only option to make it home.

The port injection concept is good, but if I remember right the smallest port foggers are a 35 shot. Each. So you'd be hitting with another 140 hp, which would probably be OK for the engine internals, but the rest of the driveline isn't going to like that kind of shock.

Lots of things to consider with N2O....

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
It's for real.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
The cold side isn't glowing, just the hot side. As it should be.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.