Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, lets get some interest listed so we can try to plan something, eh? figure if i can get enough people in on this off this site, i can call the other dealerships up here, let my regional rep know, and we can try to get a crossover from all of norcal going. i'm in, so thats one. anyone else want to traverse a long stretch of coastal road with me and as many other tC's as possible?

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^ i'll get you your car. then we gotta get some owners to get into the idea.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sort of interested...depends on when (have a lot of busy weekends between now and end of summer). Coastal sounds great (vote for Sonoma/Mendocino...overnight in Mendocino is always nice!)

Thanks for organizing.

(I have the car...silver manual...standard...no extras yet....1600 miles ....love it....waiting on personalized plates....Dons tC)

Don

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so we have three solid, maybe 4. cool, its a start.

lets get eric into his ride first, then we can try to peak a bit more interest, and start discussing a date and time and destination and stuff and things.

i am going to get one of my contacts at folsom lake to promote the site as well, maybe a few of his customers would like to get in on the drive. and i will call my regional rep tomorrow and see how we could do a nor-cal region run or something. maybe i can get him to drop emails to the dealers, and they could have them contact me to sign up for it.

i know, may sound complicated, but i'll do the leg work - all i need you guys to do is show up at the appropriate time with a full tank of gas... sound interesting, or am i going over the top here? cause i think a stream of 100 tC's shooting down the highway would be sweet.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it is very much in the works here. mickael and i are heading out tonight about 9pm for a drive of the proposed route. also stopping along the way to find good meeting spots that can accomodate the number of cars i am hoping for. emailed the san fran regional director yesterday, giving him a heads up that we are doing this, and offering a spot on the sponsor list to them. how very generous of me, i know. bastards need to cough up some support, says me. keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Man, leaving at 9pm, if you're going the route we talked about, you're going to get back late, but you'll definitely miss any rush hour BS... Be sure to note any road construction that may still be a problem whenever the caravan thing happens... I hope that crap on I-80 is finished soon!

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah, we are burning the candle at both ends tonight. there is no end to the dedication mickael and i have, apparently. but, at about 2am, i am going to want my dedication to shut the f*** up and die. its gotta be done, and done soon, so i gotta do it after i get out of work. i am still hoping to make the sunday at midnight deadline i have set. think we can, eric?

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
eric - look for a pm tomorrow afternoon with the route and meet points decided. then on to the next step. dealership participation? they will do it, and like it, or they will suck. a lot.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
scion should kick down too. we are going to give them a TON of free exposure. At least give us a free t-shirt.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dont worry, i am working that angle as well. maybe we can get something from them to give out at the meeting spots, you know?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts