Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I've been checking out this forum for a while now, but never posted anything . . . I got my IIP, manual trans. tC about 2 weeks ago and I love it. I'll post a couple of pics in the next few days.

I have the following question: When I press the gas pedal at about half an inch down I hear a strange noise. Sounds like sprayng an aerosol can. It is not very loud, but it is loud enough for me to hear it inside the car with windows closed. Everytime I accelerate I hear it for about 2 seconds, but if I hold the gas pedal down half an inch deep it is constant. Comes on at any gear/speed/rpm.

I have never heared that on any other car and I have had many different cars (tC is the best I've ever had though
). Is this some VVT-i feature; am I being too paranoid; has anyone else experienced that; should I have it checked out?

Thank yuo for your help!

PS - I have not done any mods on the car . . . .

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
That's really wierd. I've never heard anything like that. You weren't very clear about when it happens. Is it based on an rpm level or is it just anytime you hold the gas pedal down?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Damn i love that sounds so much isnt that teh air filter. I feel like my tC is turbo charged cuz my friends got an 98 GSX and that thing does the same thing but that with aftermarket filter from HKS. But man i love it i just wish i had the turbo and the blow valve with the nice a$$ intercooler.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.