Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
i think it's pretty neat. a little ferrari-ish, if they had some more curvy lines (as lotus has) they'd be better off i think, but it's not bad at all.

thanks for posting, man, definitely a car worth seeing!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Nice car, but where they messed up is with their company logo and model logo. If they put a little more thought into it (like ferrari or maserati did), many "haters" would appreciate it.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I don't like it because it reminds me of an old Countach for some reason. Headlamps are equally the same size and I'd rather have one bigger than the other. The front grill is way too huge and boxy, etc.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Doesn't matter about performance. If everyone was after performance, then no one would buy a Lambo or Ferrari because with the price tag they carry, they should be at a million HP (from a $ to HP ratio). People have different reasons for wanting more expensive things. I could probably find 3 cars better than the Noble and far cheaper. Does that matter? No, that's childish bickering, "Oh look, theres another car with better performance and costs cheaper" So what, people tend to buy things upon looks and performance. An equal of both is already good enough, not everyone cares about having the highest HP's.

Noble? Who's ever heard of Noble? Why do people buy Heinz ketchup rather than 99Cent store ketchup? Why do they pay premium for ketchup? Because they are familiar with Heinz and respect Heinz. Plus, they can afford to spend 50 more cents. People who are in the market for a Noble can easily be in market for some super-cars. Acura NSX, 2005 Corvette, etc.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Hehe. I buy store brand ketchup. And I bought a tC from Scion, an unknown brand that I have no reason to trust. But I liked that it has all these features and power for $16K.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by SilverX@Nov 11 2004, 11:10 AM
Doesn't matter about performance. If everyone was after performance, then no one would buy a Lambo or Ferrari because with the price tag they carry, they should be at a million HP (from a $ to HP ratio). People have different reasons for wanting more expensive things. I could probably find 3 cars better than the Noble and far cheaper. Does that matter? No, that's childish bickering, "Oh look, theres another car with better performance and costs cheaper" So what, people tend to buy things upon looks and performance. An equal of both is already good enough, not everyone cares about having the highest HP's.

Noble? Who's ever heard of Noble? Why do people buy Heinz ketchup rather than 99Cent store ketchup? Why do they pay premium for ketchup? Because they are familiar with Heinz and respect Heinz. Plus, they can afford to spend 50 more cents. People who are in the market for a Noble can easily be in market for some super-cars. Acura NSX, 2005 Corvette, etc.
I'm not sure what you're rambling about, but Noble is NOT a no-name brand. Open up a Road and Track magazine once in a while.

Noble sells the car, less engine and drivetrain. You pick the engine and drivetrain you want in the car and that's it.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Believe it or not, some people do buy cars primarily for their performance. Enthusiasts come in two flavors: design junkies and performance junkies.

Design junkies are positively influenced by a car salesman saying "You look GREAT in that car!"

Performance junkies scare the crap out of car salesmen on the test drive. Ask me about my NSX test drive sometime...

I personally couldn't care less what the car looks like if it performs. The Noble REALLY performs. You have to spend well into 6 figures to equal the Noble, but it is not a car for everyone.

BTW, I bought my MkIV Supra primarily because the acceleration, skidpad, and braking performance is very hard to beat on an absolute scale. I thought the car was pretty aesthetically UNappealing when I bought it in '94, and I still think there are a lot better looking cars. I didn't buy it because it makes me feel ABFAB, I bought it because I can drive around practically anyone (including my tC) on a two lane on-ramp. It's hard to find a car that will corner over a G at 30-50 mph with turnkey reliability and normal maintenance intervals.

Oh, yeah, I think BMW build quality and reliability suck. I'd put my Supra (or any Lexus) next to an M3 or M5 any day for build quality and reliability and win hands down. 3 Series cars are built cheap. If you ever work on one yourself, you'll see what I mean right away.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i own a 328 ci coupe (wife drives it) and I wouldn't go as far as saying they suck. May not be reliable as a toyota in the long run, but hands down there are plenty of worst cars than a bmw. I havent had any reliability issues in that car and that car is pushing 90,000 miles, (daily driver--average 22,000+ miles a year) I don't work on the car itself, but all I know is that car goes in for an oil change every 15k miles, and major every 30k miles. No problems.

In regards to the build, Im pretty satisfied on how the car is holding up. No poping noises, suspension is pretty tight (perfomance package), handling is outstanding, and the doors on that baby (nice and heavy, the way I like it). Gas on average is way better than any of the cars I have owned, Way better than the tC or the Tacoma TRD I currently own.

I may agree that toyota builds highly reliable cars, reasons why we all are here discussing our toyotas, but I truely believe that a BMW in todays era deserves more credit than to say they suck or they are build cheap. My .02 cents

x

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.