Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it really no haggle? or can you get the price down with some haggling? right now i'm pretty sure it might be hard to haggle since the demand might be high .. but thats what they said when my brother bought their corolla but we got it down pretty cheap.. what about the accessories? like cat back exhaust

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Yes its really no haggle... its like a company policy of some sort or something. Now just be careful about the dealerships that will try to tack on high document fees or get you to buy useless accessories.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
It's called "pure pricing" - A dealer has to sell all of their tCs at the same price. The only thing you might be able to get knocked down are the document fees... The difference between your brother's corolla and the tc is Toyota vs. Scion.

Check out this page for more information:
http://www.yoursciontc.com/information/sci...ng_process.html

btw, welcome to the site!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

how do you know if they're ripping you off on the document fees? and how would you haggle the document fees down? i've never bought a car before.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
The doc fees in California has been around 45-75 bucks. I'm not really sure and I don't remember anymore. Ask Inevitablygod ...

·
Registered
223 Posts
I got bent over and paid 199.00 "Document and handling" fees, but that was from the dealer.

Don't be a dumbass like me, make them take that off your paperwork.

late

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Mine was $500...I'm not sure how one would think that it could be avoided, since every Scion dealer I investigated charges one...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by imasaf@Sep 14 2004, 03:28 PM
The doc fees in California has been around 45-75 bucks. I'm not really sure and I don't remember anymore. Ask Inevitablygod ...
inevitablygod said that his fees are "D/P/H fees being fixed, so is my documentation fee" and that it is $45

.... $200 and $500 !? :'(

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine was supposed to be 499.99, but the salesman had it taken off the cost because I had put down a deposit on a car that had been dealer traded a few hours before I signed the check. Needless to say he felt bad that they couldn't get the car back from the trade and tried to make it up to me by zapping the doc fee for me. Lucky me, but here I sit four weeks later and still no tC and here comes Ivan to ruin my plans.
The only other bargaining chip in the deal is $$ for your trade, but since you don't have a trade, this doesnt apply. good luck with the buying experience!

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I probably will do that. If for no other reason than to nab that DnB CD. Are you both closing that night?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys decided to ask a question here rather than make another topic. This is actually aimed at whomever works at the dealer, so if Damon or Moriarty can answer it would be appreciated. My bro works at the Fremont Toyota/GM plant and they give him discounts on both lines of vehicles. I was just wondering if Scion falls under the Toyota discount because I was hearing that the salespeople aren't getting any type of love. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Not fair...too bad there are no cool dealer folks near me

1 - 17 of 17 Posts