Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just at my scion dealership for a 5k mile check up and asked about the sunroof recall. They said it's only for the 05' and there is nothing they can do for an 06'. Is there really a difference between model years? Thanks.

· Registered
7,758 Posts
Actually, it does affect some of the '06s, but only some of the first ones released. I had to have my '06 done, but if you got yours within the past 6 months or so, you probably don't need to get it done. Not quite sure what the cut off was. They gave a VIN range on the letter I got. I think it's also in a post somewhere on here.

· Registered
493 Posts
Check you build date, anything built in early 06 should be fine, unlike my 06 which was built in 05/05 needs the sunroof done.

· Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think to many people have a problem with the sun roof actually working, it's the possibility that it could shatter. I only have one rattle at it came from the license plate bracket. If its really cold out I might hear a little something.

· Registered
7,758 Posts
Again...
Originally posted by Robs_tc@Feb 10 2006, 10:47 PM
I don't think to many people have a problem with the sun roof actually working, it's the possibility that it could shatter.
The problem isn't something you would notice. It's just the fact that if something were to hit your wind deflector when it was up, it could shatter into the car. On mine, they put a rubbery plastic strip between the deflector and the windshield. I'm guessing if you already have one there, you don't need it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.