Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to find in the NJ area some reputable body shops that do Awesome custom work. I have a friend who is looking to get custom body work/fabricating as well as custom paint work done, please post up any shops that you know of that do custom work from bodykits to paint schemes. The more the better, more means more places to research to find 1 to a particular liking.. Thanks guys

-Tim

Also if you have pics of any other these places work please feel free to post them also...
thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow Daamm 20 views and not 1 reply.. I know with all the NY, NJ, PA people on this board someone has to know of a shop.. Come on guys help a fellow scion guy out..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Personally, my view was simply to see if there was a shout regarding particularly good places to go.

I'm not aware of a go-to for custom body work. I had a decent experience getting a ding fixed by a 3 store bodywork chain here in the Harrisburg, PA area called Major's, but they specialize in restoration. I don't even know if they do custom work.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hey whatsup all, I dunno where in Jersey your comin from, but about 10-15 minutes into New York over the border of Mahwah, theres a shop Golden Customs, they do really good work and alot of custom stuff as well, Ed(the owner) is an awesome guy, very knowledgeable and his team is good as well. Let me know if this is close enough to you and if you want the fine details.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scionic I never got any update about this thread and completely 4got about too. Im about 20 mins from mahwah. Yeah let me get the details I will check them out. I recently checked out a shop in north NJ and to put on the kit and repaint the guy said maybe maybe 10K could be more.. I am not putting 10K in body work on a 16K car you know..

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yeah thats a little excessive for i think just about anyones tastes around here...sorry for the huge delay, i get very busy with work sometimes and forget to check back ----vvvvvv---- heres the info

Golden Customs
Nanuet, N.Y. 10954
(845)624-1591
GoldenCustoms.com

The owners name is Ed Golden, mad cool guy but i usually don't get estimates over the phone he asks me to come in and talk to him about what I need done. So far he's done my UnderbodyNeons, CAI, Vertical Doors, and LipKit and I have never had a complaint.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Excellent thats sounds good I will go up and see him probably this coming wednesday... Yeah the guy I spoke to said even to repaint the car he wouldnt do it for less than 5k .. I was like wtf there isnt a whole lot of car to begin with lol.. I am going to check out there website and I will like I said most likely pass by there wednesday on my day off.. Thanks for the info I apprecaite it..

·
Registered
276 Posts
No, the shop is behind the Nanuet Mall however you can enter in the Nanuet Mall parking lot to get there, the easiest way to explain is as follows.
Driving Eastbound on Rt.59, drive past the Nanuet Mall and make a right onto Middletown Road
Once on Middletown road, make a right after the first Traffic light into a side entrance to the mall parking lot.
You come to a stop sign, make a left here and keep driving straight until you come to an intersection in the parking lot.
Go straight through and the shop is on your left, it doesnt look like a major operation on the outside but he does good work.

edit:yeah it is Golden Customs Pro Audio and Accessories but they do body work also.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BJ I went over to Golden yesterday real nice people there. They do some nice work.. Ed showed me all the trophies they won in the past few months, his personal rides, ect... They quoted me a way better price than the other place did. I am sure that I will be giving Ed my business for this project and the few others I have in the future.. Thanks for lookin out and referring me to him I appreciate the help..

Tim

·
Registered
276 Posts
No Doubt....jus lookin out for the fellow tC owners

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.