Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
30 psi? How does the head stay attached to the engine? That is like indy car numbers, ain't it?

late

·
Registered
290 Posts
Originally posted by joshmoney@Dec 6 2004, 01:13 PM
30 psi? How does the head stay attached to the engine? That is like indy car numbers, ain't it?

late
LOTS OF DUCT TAPE!!!! LOL That is awesome looks like toyota built another bulletproof block, will have to see the attrition rate at 30 psi:) hopefully it will be as resilient as the 3 liter straight six!!!

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
The block is pretty heavily modded. Toyco casts the cylinder liners into the block, so they had to bore the liners out and install new liners. The original ones are so thin Toyco doesn't make an overbore for the 2.4. The picture of the top of the block after they installed the new liners is great, I just wish all the pics were linked to the larger original images. I wonder what the final bore and stroke are...

30 psi means ARP studs to hold the head down, and I bet they've done some other interesting things to the bolt holes in the block to prevent the studs from pulling out. At that kind of boost, it's also likely they've o-ringed the head (a copper "washer" around the top of each cylinder), but there aren't any telltale signs of it in the head pictures.

I'm sure they'll make their 600hp. F1 engines in the late '80s were making 1500hp out of 1.1 liters in qualifying trim. 600 should be pretty easy from 2.4+ liters. You can bet they're running VP C-16 though....and the VVTi is long gone...

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
May god save all the v8s that this thing smokes.... Gawddamn.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.