Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate the potenzas, i doubt thats new umm news to most people. So i have question.

How are the Nitto neo-gen tires? I want some summer tires for my car since this is the car I'll be driving in nice weather here in new york city. I have my mothers 4 motion passat for the ugly days. Or a simlar falken or some other brand.

I used to have dunlop sp sport a2's on my old vw but those were just plain jane tires to me, better than the michilens that came stock tho.

And lets say I hit some rain in summer tires, not like slicks but like decent summers with some wet traction. Exactly how bad are summer tires in slight to moderate rain. I dont have to take highways to get anywhere here so slow driving is possible at all times. I never had any summer tires or driven on summers. My older brother always convinced me to get all seasons. He even had them on his fleet of camaros, never once summer tires.

So question is are nitto neo-gen pretty good or a comperable falken, yoko, kumho, dunlop, ect compared to ultra high all seasons? I know some about all season tires, nothing about summers. Thanks for helping a guy out.

And I dont drive like a maniac, just sometimes I like to hit up a tight turn here and there. Thanks

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I hate the OEM tires too.

Summer has nothing to do with rain. Summer just means the tread compound won't work well in freezing or subfreezing weather. It actually turns hard and glassy and slides a lot when it wouldn't if the road temperature were a bit warmer. Wet traction depends on compound and tread pattern. Summer vs. all season is compound only.

I'm not the person to ask about Nitto tires, I've never run them on anything. Michelin Pilot Sports, Bridgestone S-02PPs and S-03s, and Dunlop Sport A2s have been on my recent cars. The Sport A2 is actually a pretty decent tire for a sedan, they're predictable and stick reasonably well in the wet and dry. I am getting Toyo T1S's for my tC, they come highly recommended by many of my friends who do track days.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I can't wait to put my Falken Ziex on the tC... stupid potenzas just won't go bold...

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Yea, I'm giong to put a nice set of probably Kumhos on as soon as my craptenzas need replacing, but try as I might, I just can't run them down!

·
Registered
113 Posts
i have kuhmo ecsta supra 712's they wear fast but man do they perform good. I swear even though they are almost slick now they still have better grip than my old falkens in the rain. These things stick like glue.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Originally posted by EyeOnScion@Mar 2 2005, 06:44 PM
yokohama avs es100.. loved them on my prelude.. will probably go back when the potenzas need replacing..
You might wana rethink the yokohama's, they got the worst rating in the new super street. There also the oldest tread compound on the market, that tread has been around sence 2000.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.