Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been really digging the 350z lately. I haven't driven one first hand, but really like what I've seen and read. What do you guys think about the 350z? Anything good or bad that you've heard or experienced with this car?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I test drove one. I have to say it is bad-ass. I like two seaters, so that wasn't a big deal. I was seriously going to buy one, but I decided that I don't need a race car, and the tc was about ten grand less.

Maybe in a few years, when I'm having a mid-life crisis, I'll get one for the weekends.

late

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Mar 2 2005, 11:39 AM
No back seat and absolutely no cargo room. Most people would need a second car.
i dont think the z was designed around functionality.

its a blast to drive. i can see why people like them. sticks to the ground like its glued. and rear wheel drive cars are so much fun.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by Plissken@Mar 2 2005, 07:00 PM
I prefer the look of the G35 coupe so much more than the new Z. I hate cars with sloping off rear ends. Blech!
That's funny -- I actually feel totally the opposite...I hate the way the G35 looks.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4+Mar 2 2005, 11:08 PM-->QUOTE (basilisk4 @ Mar 2 2005, 11:08 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Plissken
@Mar 2 2005, 07:00 PM
I prefer the look of the G35 coupe so much more than the new Z. I hate cars with sloping off rear ends. Blech!
That's funny -- I actually feel totally the opposite...I hate the way the G35 looks. [/b]
That settles it then, I HATE YOU!!!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Mar 3 2005, 12:00 AM
i dont think the z was designed around functionality.
Oh, I agree -- was just pointing it out for anyone who hadn't thought of that.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by Plissken+Mar 3 2005, 12:10 AM-->QUOTE (Plissken @ Mar 3 2005, 12:10 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-basilisk4
@Mar 2 2005, 11:08 PM
That's funny -- I actually feel totally the opposite...I hate the way the G35 looks.
That settles it then, I HATE YOU!!! [/b]
Well, I'm apparently the only one, so I wouldn't worry about it...

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
hehe...just to clarify, by the way, I meant that apparently everyone likes the way the G35 looks but me...

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I like them both for appearance, but I like the G35's lights better. I don't care for the slash lighting on the Z. They're nice cars in stock form, fun to drive, handle well, but are not practical daily drivers. Why do you think I bought a tC when I already own a Supra?

I'd still buy an Evo or STi before I'd buy the Nissan if I wanted to buy something new. Or better yet, wait for 2007 model year when the Skyline finally comes to our shores in a US spec package. That will be very cool.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I dont like the Z for a few reasons. I sat in one on the lot and every part just felt cheap and flimsy and the fit and finish sucked. I havent driven one but ive heard the are pretty awsome. I personally prefer the look of the G35 and in my opinion I think that the tC has a bit of G35 in it. I'm not the only person to make that comment either.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I would really like to know what similarities the tC and G35 have, other than both being Japanese.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Not big on the looks of the 350Z. Liked Lotus Elise in pictures, but when I saw it in person - was glad I did not go for it...

Not ready for a roadster yet. Another 10 years, midlife crisis, and I'll be there

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4+Mar 2 2005, 08:08 PM-->QUOTE (basilisk4 @ Mar 2 2005, 08:08 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Plissken
@Mar 2 2005, 07:00 PM
That's funny -- I actually feel totally the opposite...I hate the way the G35 looks. [/b]
You're wacky.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz@Mar 3 2005, 12:04 PM
Not ready for a roadster yet. Another 10 years, midlife crisis, and I'll be there
I may be there or past...depends on when midlife starts

I like the LOOKS of the Z & G35. But, as others have said practicality, value for the money, not having a garage of cars like Leno, etc, I got a tC.

·
Registered
264 Posts
i like the looks of the 350's exterior, but the interior isn't so nice--too bathtubby. never did test drive it--was only interested in it back when dealers were complete a-holes about testing it only if you signed and agreed to buy it beforehand.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.