Scion tC Forums banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
ok so i just got Continental ExtremeContact DWS on my car (225/40zr/18) and man i can not explain to you how awesome they are! HOWEVER, I GOT 18X8 with an offset of 35 mm and when i have going on bumps it is rubbing.... not sure why that is i think its hitting the fender which i am thinking about bending in so it wont rub. do any of you know if the 35mm is bad for my tc which has a normal offset of 45mm?

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
youre on stock height and want to roll your fenders? what do you hit speed bumps doin 40?

·
Frequent Flyer
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
SO here's another email i got from PTuning after I asked some more questions: Sorry, if there was some confusion in the original email.

PARTS:
$745 = 4 x Enkei EV5 Matte Bronze 18's at 38 offset
$525 = 4 x Continental ExtremeContact DWS 225/40/18 tires
TOTAL PARTS = $1270
LABOR:
$120 = 4 wheels mounting and balancing
TOTAL LABOR = $120 – 10% = $108
*$80 = To dismount and remove TPMS sensor from old wheels to swap to new wheels.
Again, we can only offer those prices if the mounting and balancing is done by us.
Please contact me if you have any further questions or if you wish to order these wheels and tires."
Now I stand at $865 (parents pay for tires) damn, with all that money i could get so much more for the car. but as the saying goes you gotta pay to play.... ughh

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
ehh for that price i feel like you can get better rims....my weapons were less than that. which i wanna sell :naughty: haha

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
QUOTE (Nickifer @ Feb 7 2010, 03:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=523974
Now I stand at $865 (parents pay for tires) damn, with all that money i could get so much more for the car. but as the saying goes you gotta pay to play.... ughh[/b]
Don't feel too bad, JUST the tires mounted and balanced on my existing rims was only a few bucks under that last time I did it :angry: (which is why I'm back on stock rims for the time being).

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
QUOTE (Nickifer @ Feb 9 2010, 11:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=524843
QUOTE (sciontC'06 @ Feb 7 2010, 10:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=524006
ehh for that price i feel like you can get better rims....my weapons were less than that. which i wanna sell :naughty: haha[/b]
What size were ur weapons? I was creepin on ur build thread. they are pretty cheap and i like the design. bronze right?
[/b][/quote]

theyre 17x7 and yes bronze. ill give u a deal on them =)

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
i think they look odd in 18's...when i was lookin around and deciding what size to get i saw one girl that had them in 18's and they looked huge imo. 2 have minor rash on them which i am going to get fixed as soon as i can, but i would let them go for around 300

41 - 60 of 81 Posts