Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Frequent Flyer
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, as some of u may know I am in the market for purchasing a new set of wheels for my ride. Im doing this cause my tires are balding so a new set of rubber is imminent. Luckily I have parents that pay for general maintenence costs for the car (including tires) so I say what the heck ill get some new wheels while we're at it. I drive a '07 nautical blue, if that helps with the coloring options. theres no deadline or any rush to get these, just estimating ill have them sometime in spring.

I want the Enkei EV5 18x7.5 Matte Bronze Wheels ( 5 spoke, good brand, pretty cheap)
Double drilled FTL tho..

If anyone has any opinions on choice feel free to say.

Rubber: i've done some research and found the ideal tires for me would be the Continental ExtremeContact DWS. Good reveiws, suited for my driving environment and priced right.

Ok so heres where it gets a bit blurry:

1. TPMS compatible?
2. What size would it need to be for the 18x7.5, would it be 225/45/18??? i cant figure the proper width for the life of me cause math>me all day.
3. Recommended sidewall height? I like low profile tires, and if stock yokohamas are 45% width then my new ones should be 40% width?
4. I am planinng on drop using TRD springs. So there shouldnt be any rubbing.

If I am missing anything point it out. thanks for all the help guys. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,640 Posts
QUOTE (Nickifer @ Jan 28 2010, 05:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=521050
1. TPMS compatible?
2. What size would it need to be for the 18x7.5, would it be 225/45/18??? i cant figure the proper width for the life of me cause math>me all day.
3. Recommended sidewall height? I like low profile tires, and if stock yokohamas are 45% width then my new ones should be 40% width?

If I am missing anything point it out. thanks for all the help guys. :thumbsup:[/b]
1) I dunno
2) 225/45/18 should work fine on a 18 x 7.5, from what I heard. There isn't really a "proper" width, you can do whatever you want. It just has to be within reason (no 245 on a 7-inch)
3) 40% would work... I think that's more personal preference. I like low profile too :)
4) Naw, you won't rub.

Disclaimer: I don't know that much about rims/tires, and might be wrong :rofl:

·
I believe in Evo's...
4,117 Posts
You don't trust us :unsure: you act as if we are still rollin on stockies and don't know what were talking about....

Oh wait we are still rollin on stockies :rofl:

·
Resident Swagologist
4,929 Posts
QUOTE (hydralover @ Jan 28 2010, 07:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=521072
QUOTE (Nickifer @ Jan 28 2010, 05:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=521050
1. TPMS compatible?

If I am missing anything point it out. thanks for all the help guys. :thumbsup:[/b]
1) I dunno
2) 225/45/18 should work fine on a 18 x 7.5, from what I heard. There isn't really a "proper" width, you can do whatever you want. It just has to be within reason (no 245 on a 7-inch)
3) 40% would work... I think that's more personal preference. I like low profile too :)
4) Naw, you won't rub.

Disclaimer: I don't know that much about rims/tires, and might be wrong :rofl:
[/b][/quote]

225/40/18 not 45 as was previously stated

you won't rub

·
Frequent Flyer
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, im so lost on TPMS know how.

1. How much would 4 new TPMS sensors for the wheels be??

2. Can I use the wheels without the sensors? Is it recommended or dangerous?

3. just for good confirmation the 18X 7.5 rims will fit 225/40/18 tires (only asking cause i saw hydra could fit other sizes on his tires and it got me thinking about sizing again)

oh and im gonna run on TRD springs when i add the wheels, is it not recommended to be on new wheels and springs WITHOUT new struts? cause i wanna save a few benji's ( p.s. found some TRD springs on craigslist for $70 used for 6K miles sound like a good deal?)

·
Registered
846 Posts
I'm not sure how much TPS sensor cost since the 05s didn't have them. But they shouldn't impede on driving safety other than having an annoying yellow warning light in your gauge. 225s will fit on the wheel specs you mentioned just fine. As for the TRD springs, they will be safe to run on OEM struts. However getting an alignment would be a good idea.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts