Scion tC Forums banner

961 - 980 of 989 Posts

·
Frequent Flyer
2007 Scion tC
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #961 (Edited)
An update on me and the tC: I moved to Arizona to further my education and have been really enjoying my time out here. School will be keeping me busy so progress on the tC will be minimal, planning on putting window vent visors come summer time though. If any YStC OG's are now any closer, feel free to hit me up!

Passing through Sedona on the trailer we towed 2,000 miles from VA. Getting the tC on this trailer forced me to remove the forward roll brackets due to how low the ride is. Thankfully some tooling with a wrench got them off.

As it sits currently. Dust accumulates on the paint pretty easily so keeping it clean will be a bear out here. -__-

Plastidipped the center console garage door on an impulse. The texture is nearly identical to the plastic superior to it on the dash.

Really impressed with how it came out, just a little afternoon craft gave it a new accent in the cabin. Also borrowed a friend's dremel tool and sanded down the edges of my scangauge panel for a better fitment around the device.

I took the car to a local Toyota dealership and told them to check the rear sway bar due to a clunking noise; sure enough the mech was able to get three rotations on each tie-rod screw. So now it's nice and sturdy :D. I'll try to update my signature sometime over break to keep it current.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Like I've said before, your tC is sooo nice. Glad to see you're keeping it clean.

·
Frequent Flyer
2007 Scion tC
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #963
Thank you! I appreciate the feedback.

I was able to do some much needed paint detailing in a friends garage earlier this year. Two grit guards were used in the buckets for the first time and I tried out a new cleaning wax by a company called Chemical Guys. The guards did a great job of trapping all the AZ dust in the buckets and the amount of residual grit on the car was incredibly reduced. Polish worked great as well, applied with a simple orbital buffer. The product was called extreme depth & seal and held up to its name! Here are a couple pics I captured after the bath.

I was also able to install a pair of Weather-Tech window deflectors to compliment the deep cleaning. They came as a Christmas present, dark smoke option. Easy to install and are always in use when I am out cruising. :naughty:

·
Frequent Flyer
2007 Scion tC
3,744 Posts
Did some arts & crafts on the tC and Plastidipped the wheels! Graphite grey: 7 coats of black, 4 coats of pearl metallizer.

Here's a couple photos of the new look. I intend on doing a formal photoshoot after the next good wash session.

I'll post more photos from the dipping process in the next update. :ph34r:

·
Frequent Flyer
2007 Scion tC
3,744 Posts

Much needed car detailing and photoshoot! Washed using the same method as before, this time with two coats of the paste wax.

The tC is now registered in Arizona, no longer XSALANT, just generic plates. Along with the change I picked up a Cobra radar detector.
:naughty:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Dude how have you been? If you haven't tried this mounting spot for your radar, test it up in the top left of the windshield. I had mine there until my car was stolen and I always had great range/accuracy and the fact it was hidden was another plus.

·
Frequent Flyer
2007 Scion tC
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #967
I've been well, still progressing through school :book: Thanks for the suggestions on the detector, having it functional & seamless is key.

The tC will undergo a major facelift soon! I plan on spraying the entire car in vintage gold plastidip. I scored the paint supplies for a nice price and will be borrowing a friend's garage for the operation at the end of this month.

It'll be a sweet 10 year birthday present for the car ~

·
Frequent Flyer
2007 Scion tC
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #970
For the 10th birthday of the car, I decided to make it look more unique!

Vintage Gold Plastidip. For my first time using a spray gun, the texture came out great ! In the near future I plan on adding black accents: logo, side mirrors, and a front lip.

:thumbsup:

·
Frequent Flyer
2007 Scion tC
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #973
Got the chance to drive the tC up to Sedona, AZ! A buddy and I hit a nearby trail and had to do some light offroading to get to the lot. The red rocks made for a great backdrop for a couple pics.
Rockcrawler tC :ph34r:

·
Frequent Flyer
2007 Scion tC
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #975

Finally washed the Plastidip for the first time since applying it in March. It's been holding up well, protecting the paint from damage, and blends in with the dust that collects on the car.

I'm mulling over some designs to spray onto the paint next. Black side-skirt trim, front lip delete, rear diffuser delete; lotsa options !

·
Frequent Flyer
2007 Scion tC
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #976
On Halloween I zip tied a couple fangs to the tC; been riding around with them on for the past month ~

·
Registered
563 Posts
Haven't been on this forum in years. Seems a lot of the scion forums got pretty dead. Glad to see tasteful builds like this one still going on.

·
Frequent Flyer
2007 Scion tC
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #978
Thanks for the kind words, I'm happy to share the progression of the tC.

Finally replaced the factory battery after 10 years of use. The engine was struggling to turn over with cold starts and interior lights would flicker. Dropped in a DieHard Gold to last for the next decade :rofl:
Planning to install new hatch struts and wash the car soon.

Also changed my sig. pic for the first time in 5 years !

·
Frequent Flyer
2007 Scion tC
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #979

A few pics after a solid wash session. I removed overspray on the side mirrors along the black trim and they look much sharper. Planning to remove some dip to uncover the side markers as well. I swapped out the chrome license plate rim for a gloss black to match better. Went a lil farther and put black conduit tubing around the headrest poles to hide the chrome. :innocent:

·
Frequent Flyer
2007 Scion tC
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #980 (Edited)
Behind the scenes working on the headlights. The passenger side lens was clouding up so I figured that clear plastidip would fill in the oxidation. Using 'dip smoke followed by gloss to preserve the clarity, I was able to frost both lens. It fixed the haze in the headlight well and still allows lotsa light transmittance. Results will be in next post

Recently replaced the hatch struts; which had probably failed me way back when the Viniati spoiler was on the car :rofl: Also poured a can of liquid dip into the hatch trim for ~vibration~ control. Special appearance in this pic: the adhesive cork on the parking block so my exhaust pipe is babied when backed in.
I'm pretty set on painting a rear diffuser design, just gonna get one more photoshoot in before getting artsy.

961 - 980 of 989 Posts