Scion tC Forums banner

941 - 960 of 989 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Really nice tC, Nick.........you really have to get out of that neighborhood!

·
Frequent Flyer
2007 Scion tC
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #942
Thanks ! I'm really proud how its improved over the years I've owned it.

I plan on making my own engine valve cover using an online machine shop for the next project!

·
Frequent Flyer
2007 Scion tC
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #944
Thank you, I appreciate the feedback !

My school's car show is this Saturday, I'll make sure to take plenty of pics once the tC is all sparkly.

·
Where is Donnie?
2,858 Posts
Not bad! I had a bunch of buddies in their BRZs up there too!

First thought... STOP crossing your arms lol. Shuffle shuffle shuffle those hands!

·
Frequent Flyer
2007 Scion tC
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #947
^^ Agreed, i like being able to look back on my performance to learn where I can improve. Norm said the same thing too!

Here are some pics from the car show I entered on Saturday!

Parked next to the final form the tC, the GT-R.

The turbo on this thing >>>

Loved the placement of the light bar on this subie.

Track day monster. This thing sounded like a stock car and tore up the course.

Turns out I was parked beside this track beast during the car show the day prior. The tires on this vette were sooo sticky. It went wherever pointed at whatever speed.

The battle tape..

·
Destroyer of Cones
7,060 Posts
Nice Nick!

Next time, try to get the camera up where the cones can be seen. Hard to see where to give advice without it.

One thing I ran all of the students through that I instructed at our Autox novice school is looking ahead. Hard to tell in your video, but nearly everyone has issues with this. For example, be looking at the entry to a slalom before you exit the previous element. When you are about to enter the slalom, lock your eyes onto the LAST slalom cone so you see the whole slalom, not just the next cone. It will drastically smooth out your lines and keep you from getting behind. In a long corner, be looking at the exit as you are entering the corner. On a carousel, be looking directly across it (out of your side window). All of this helps with the smooth lines.

Also, start making yourself turn in sooner than you think you should. You will find that this compensates for push and the time it takes for weight to transfer and the car to start turning and will make you hit your apex better.

Your inputs look nice and smooth, which is great! Try to shuffle steer if you arms are about to cross as mentioned. But overall, a nice smooth run! Glad to see more people getting out and trying out the sport!

·
Frequent Flyer
2007 Scion tC
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #949
All excellent feedback engi, thanks! I will definitely keep an eye out for a suction mount to get a good look at the course next time around. I had a really hectic weekend before the event so I didnt have nearly as much time as I wanted to mentally prepare and read up on techniques, but I'll make sure for the next one!

I actually intend on entering another auto-x at the same location since it's so close to me. Date will be the 31st of May so I'll keep you all posted!

·
Destroyer of Cones
7,060 Posts
Definitely let us know how you do. Autox is a great way to compete without spending a ton of dough and without worrying too much about damage to a DD. Also is a great way to get to be a better driver on the street.

Next weekend is a 2 event weekend for us, the 17th is a practice (aka test n tune) and Memorial day is spring nationals in Lincoln, NE ... so lots of autox coming up for us. Glad the season has started .. I was getting cabin fever :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
Awesome ride and thread Nickifer! I have been reading this forum for awhile but after seeing your posts, I had to make an account just to compliment it! I have a very similar 08 Blue Metallic TC which is also sadly an automatic but I LOVE your taste in mods and am inspired haha! Just wanted to say hi!

·
Registered
3 Posts
And another added question, you had to run FSP for your TC? Why? I normally AutoX a purpose built Toyota MR-2 but could have sworn the TC was in H-Stock. Maybe the mods moved you up! The Sway bar and tires are legal to stay in H-Stock but the Exhaust and stuff moves you up I bet!

·
Frequent Flyer
2007 Scion tC
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #953
Thank you !! :thumbsup: I appreciate the compliments.

I've always loved cars since being a kid, but was never allowed to get a go-kart or any toy with a big motor. This is my real life go-kart of a car and I'm sure proud of it!

I assume the extra parts pushed me into FSP, too. The suspension may have been a factor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No Problem! Nice story and just keep at it! You got a killer car you seem to enjoy and have a lot more life in!

I keep considering trading mine because of the A/T but at least the weekend toy is a manual and there's worse things in the world, learning to enjoy it haha!

And a few quick questions:
How does the TRD Exhaust sound on an automatic?
Do you currently have a CAI or SRI on it(saw a mix of both on profile and forums)?

Thanks man, really appreciate it! :D

·
Destroyer of Cones
7,060 Posts
In HS you can change one sway bar and the dampers, but not the springs.

In STF, you can change sways, springs, dampers and wheels have to be the same width as stock with offsets no more than 7mm different than stock. You can also run a header, intake and full aftermarket exhaust as long as you keep the cat (you have to keep it within so far from the original location as well I think). For STF you have to stay to 225mm on the the tire widths as well.

If you start removing seats and other items to lighten up the car, run wheels and tires that are too wide, forced induction of any kind, LSD, etc you start running into the prepared classes.

Download the rulebook and read the stock section first. THEN read STF rules. You have to abide by the stock rules + any further allowances shown for STF if you run STF. THEN read the prepared rules to see what changes you can run for that.

·
Frequent Flyer
2007 Scion tC
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #956
spartyboy: the TRD exhaust sounds great on the tC. Grumbly and deep upon acceleration but smooths out to a unnoticeable drone at highway speeds. Its not as throaty, but it also doesn't sound like air pushing through the plumbing. There was a tC in the parking lot here this year with twin exhaust pipes... just made a whooshing sound when accel. T_T
And, I currently am just using the short ram version of my Ingen intake. I have the CAI parts I just don't feel like snaking it through my fender and losing convenient access to my filter.

Engi, I'll definitely download the user guide once I'm able to get more in to it with a track ready car! I really do foresee this as a future hobby of mine to keep me tooling around the garage.

·
Frequent Flyer
2007 Scion tC
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #957
I washed the car for the first time at home with new Gold Class Shampoo and think it came out really well! I've also been itching to do a proper photoshoot with the eyelids on the headlights. These were taken four days after washing, no waxing this time around.

Wallpaper worthy <3

I found a really steep random loading ramp in town and knew it'd make an interesting back drop. Definitely gave an aggressive look with my suspension. ^^^

:photo:

·
Frequent Flyer
2007 Scion tC
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #958 (Edited)
I entered into another car show, this time at my old highschool. I took the GoPro along and got some pics to share!

The tC all clean and buffed :naughty:

loved the colors in this pic

This Scarab won best in show

A great amount of people showed interest in my car, it sure stuck out well among the vintage rides!

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
And your tC is even properly parked! Good job.:wink:

·
Registered
806 Posts
The whip is looking good bro! We need to plan a meetup when I get the new toy back (still waiting ughhh) and do a wash/wax/detail and a photoshoot, and of course some fun driving in booooooooosssssstttttt.

941 - 960 of 989 Posts