Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am thinking to do A LOT to my tC, dont know what to do next, I do want to have some nice sound through out the tC but then again I want to drop the SC in there, what should I do next?

First Option:
Pioneer HU
12" Kicker CompVX
1000 Watt Amp (dont know which brande yet)
Cost: $1000

Second Option:
SuperCharger
Lowering Springs
Exhaust
Cost: $5000

Which one to do first, I was thinking the Interior sound and then do the SuperCharger, the supercharger will take me about 2 months to get the money for, so I was leaning towards the First Option in about 2 weeks. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
its always funner (?) to drive a car that has better sound though even if its not fast...I chose sound over performance in this car but in my honda it was all about speed and I kinda wish that I had done a little bit of both...but in your case I would definitely chose performance if I had the dough

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Definitly performance, especially if 5,000 comes in 2 months. That's not too long to wait for it and I would choose performance over sound. But ofcourse I think the sound in the car as of now is fine.

-Eric

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
oem sound in the tC is pretty good. If you need it louder then you're either going to shows or like annoying the piss out of people

That's not to say I discourage annoying the piss out of people, it's a perfectly valid reason to upgrade the sound system. I think I'm actually biased a bit, since the only car stereo other than the oem scion with the 'zooka sub I've really listened to was the tape deck radio I had in my camry. Only the passenger speaker worked. I did that for 5 damn years. You get better sound quality on a damn cell phone.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I say option 2

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
I bought my Clarion HU before I even picked up the car.

Ask yourself: which is nicer when mired in traffic, the S/C, or a nice system?

You'll use a system every time you get in the car. The super is only working during acceleration, perhaps 20-25% of your daily drive.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Systems get annoying to me honestly. Never get tired of speed..just get used to it..and want more
Do whatever floats your boat. I'm a performance kind of guy and personally can deal with the stock system for a long time. If u haven't gone the suspension route I say do that before anything else(Dampers/Springs/sways). 600-1400 dollars for that. Then before supercharge thinka bout a lightweight flywheel and maybe a sports clutch. (nothing too hard of course becuse its our daily drive
) and if you plan on getting headers or anything else under the hood, do it before you supercharge. Then go nuts with the S/C and the Exhaust. ..then if you still are puttin food on the table..go with your damn audio/video. ...just my 17 cents.

·
Registered
792 Posts
^^Im with ALas.

Im a performance type of guy. I mean when a stupid kid pulls up to me at a traffic light acting stupid, Id rather punk em out n leave em in the dust, then blast sum sounds yah know? Honestly tho, any modification you do, should be your decision. At the end of the day, you're gona be the one with living with it yah know - not us.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
+2 for Ichiro. Your mods not ours :]--unless u want to give usm oney for OUR mods..I'll let you tell me what to get.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
yea, punk him out with all of your ~195hp.

Even though the guy has a problem with me, i respect JDangle's performance setup. If I were to ever want to add performance modifications to my car, i would do what he did. That is something i would want to do, because then you have something to prove. You have atleast ~230hp and thats quite a difference, looking at the price and all.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I have been thinking and am going to be going with Performance first if you look in my sig at Project Chaos, those are the mods I will be doing, then I will be posting a new project for the interior. I will be posting pics along the way too.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.