Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am trying to find a good performace mod for my car. i just ordered my axle back exhaust. WARRANTY is important to me b/c i have the extended one. i was thinkng about maybe getting a TRD intake or an AEM(the guy at the dealership said scion might be reinstating the warranty on the aem soon). or possibly a down or s pipe. i want to try to void as little of the warranty as possible and if it has to be voided to get it, atleast be something that isn't to expensive to fix. you opinions and reviews would be greatly appreciated. sorry of posting so many topics. oh yea and it needs to be street legal. thanks

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
TRD supercharger shouldn't raise yourinsurance. They should'nt evenknow you have it.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Originally posted by ALaS@Feb 2 2006, 03:26 AM
Why would it be? they don't need to know your mods.
Momma don't need to know you've got a meth lab out in the old shed, either.

I honestly don't know... I'm an insurance n00b. I figured they would want to be informed if you added ~40 horsepower to your car, though.

EDIT: I also thought you had to claim a value for aftermarket/accessory parts as well. At least if you want to have them covered? I'm not sure how that works... I've never modified a car before.... and I've yet to do anything to my tC either.

·
Registered
276 Posts
If you want to get an intake go Injen. The TRD intake isn't CARB legal and costs about $150 more than the Injen. Yeah it has a bypass valve but for $150 i'd just go buy a bypass valve. The AEM intake doesn't exist so that's not an option.

You cannot void your warranty by adding aftermarket parts to your car. The only way your warranty is effected is if the part you put on caused damage to the car in some way. Then only the parts effected would not be covered. This is basically what the Magnuson-Moss warranty act says.

If I have to suggest something I say upgrade the suspension. You'll be much happier with the look of the car and the performance. (shameless plug) Let me know if you're interested in anything on our site.

Josh

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it will be considered fraud and i knw it for a fact, as for car and insurance i was give the car by my parents(lucky me) but my family isn't loaded more of middle middle class. as for accersories i have to pay for them and they wanted me to get this car b/c of saftey reasons. i was going to get a nissan 240sx and make is an s14

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
it isnt fraud. you are not defrauding your insurance company by not telling them you modded your car. now, if you didnt, and told them you did, and them filed a claim saying your mods were stolen, that is fraud.
but, most insurance companies will not cover these items if you need to file a claim and have not reported them.
still isnt fraud.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I was thinking about getting the Umnitza intake like Edd has but I was talking to my friend and he said if I get an intake then I have to get a new exhaust or else it will be to hard on the engine... anyone know if this is true, I'm not expert when it comes to engines...

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
100% BS.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.