Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

Newbie here looking to purchase a tC within the next 3 months to use as everyday commuter for my job. I have a few questions that I would appreciate your help with.

1. Is the drivers seat comfortable on long drives? (I have clients that are up to 4 hours away that I drive to and from in the same day)
2. For those who financed, did you go through Toyota? I was looking at the recent grad financing program...6.25%, zero down, no payments for 90 days. Too good to be true? Or is it worth just going through a bank with a lower rate?
3. How reliable are the parts from www.mcgeorgeparts.com? I'm looking at sway bars and springs.
4. I'm from CT, any dealer recommendations of where I should buy from? I was not thrilled with Greentree in Danbury tonight.

Thanks in advance...I look forward to being a tC owner and contributing to the boards!

·
Registered
50 Posts
1. I drove from Long Island N.Y. to Old Saybrook CT(your neck of the woods), and was pretty comfortable, granted not that big 5'9 160lbs

2. I went to a privte bank and the rate was much better at the time 3.6% as suposed to TOYOTA's 5.9% at the time JULY of 04

3. never used mcgeorgeparts.com ???

4. I'm only know 2 LI dealers
GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I just drove for four hours and was very comfortable. The driver's seat is very adjustable, and changing it around a bit helped me stay comfortable.
The sides of the seat support you well in turns, and there is a nice place to rest your left foot. My son loves the cruise control.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
It's a very very very comfortable seat. I drove 6 hours to Vermont... actually 8 hours - to UCONN then to Burlington VT.

Go to an outside bank for financing. I got 4.9% from Capital one.

McGeorgeParts is great. I got a bunch of stuff from them.

CT dealers, go to Lynch Scion in Manchester.

·
Registered
675 Posts
yes the seats are VERY comfortable.. they are firm, but they have just the right amount of support and cushioning.. you'll love them! best seats i've ever had!

mcgeorge toyota (mcgeorgeparts.com) is in virginia... i've ordered many things from them, they are a great place to buy from, you have nothing to worry about.. I think they're also a Toyota president's award dealer, can see why with the level of service i've gotten from them.

and yes try a credit union instead of toyota financial, the dealer will ALWAYS have higher interest rates..

·
Registered
291 Posts
question 1: Yes, I took a long road trip the day after I bought it...Seats are good, once you get them set right
2. I went through Toyota w/Grad program and it was great...in fact I went w/the extended warranty and they took my interest rates down a percent more.
3. never bought through this guy...I used the TRDSparks as recommended on this site...and I would highly recommend too!
4. Wish I could help you there too, but Im in Texas!

Hope that helps a bit.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
While most of us are going to tell you the seats are great (yes, I have driven quite a few trips over 8 hours in my tCs), we did have one member who determined the seats to be entirely unsuitable for long trips. He did not specify if he had a medical condition that was aggravated by the seats, but for sure he did sell the car because he could not get comfortable in it on a long trip.

Again, not my experience. I'm about 6' 2" and 230 lbs. I have no issues getting comfy for a long drive. The longest drive the wife and I did was 22 hours straight through each way. Not bad seats at all.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input! It's great to hear that the seat is comfortable - like I said, I'm 22 so I it shouldn't be an issue if the majority finds it comfortable. I'll have to head up to Manchester to Lynch to check them out (my old stomping grounds...I graduated from UCONN May 2005).

I'm really looking forward to saving up/making this purchase and seeing better than 13mpg that I'm getting with my Jeep! And of course joining the boards, everyone seems very helpful!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
On a 9-hour drive, my back started to get stiff. On 4.5-hour drives, though, I have not had any problems, other than getting stir-crazy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The seats are so comfy. They feel like those gel seats that you can get for a bike. And-the radio controls on the steering wheel make life a lot easier when youre driving long distance. I financed through Toyota since I have pretty good credit and got a good deal at the time. But 4.9% through Capital One & 3.6 from a bank?! DAMNit!!!
Oh yeah, since I financed with Toyota I got a gift card from them to use for car accessories.

GOOD LUCK on your purchase!

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by SpeeedTc@Jan 13 2006, 07:48 PM
...confterbal...
we have spell check, don't let it be lonely.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I really like the seats in the car. The controls on the side make it very nice.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Jan 11 2006, 10:07 AM
On 4.5-hour drives, though, I have not had any problems, other than getting stir-crazy.
No joke! Well, it depends if I'm driving or not. Moderate speeding helps cut down on such boredom, b/c you're antsy looking for cops

If I happen to be the passenger in my buddies tC, I just watch a movie on my porty-dvd player.

Honestly though. These seats are fine. Drove an xA with the same style seats from NY -> KS, no problems (other than the car being slow!). I plan on driving my tC from NY -> CA this spring. I'll report back with how that goes.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I'll be making the 7-hour trip down to Orlando in about 7 weeks for Spring Training once again, although I haven't decided yet whether I'll drive my tC or a rental.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I would drive to spring training for the White Sox, but it is in AZ. If you did not know I live in Indiana. I am going to Soxfest in a couple of weeks in Chicago at the Hyatt Regency Center. I want to get another Paul Konerko autograph and possible Jim Thome.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Cool. I got about 8 Braves last year, including Chipper Jones. I would love to get an Andruw Jones in person (he has been my favorite Braves position player since about 1999, not just since last year), but I have heard he is tough to get. Spring training is a blast, though, for any fan -- you should really go sometime.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Last year was my first year, and it really was like being a little kid. Except for the bed wetting. Fortunately, my bed stayed dry throughout spring training.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.