Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been searching for wheels for the tC and tried a few on the car even. So far nothing. Then we had a great idea . . . take the wheels off the neon which is not showing this season and put them on the tC. So I now have 18in Axis Mods with Toyo Proxes 4's on the tC. Here's some pics to show you. The car looks a different color with the sunset reflecting off the paint! And yes . . . I know what you are thinking . . . lower that thing!!

evette

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
yeah, i love those rims. i have a set on my white xB demo. drop it and it will look sick.

edit : after looking again, i'd be willing to drop it for you next time i am in seattle. but thats just cause i really want to see what it will look like.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Those rims just don't do it for me. I feel like i should like them because i normally like that style but for some reason i am underwhelmed. they are temporary so i have faith in you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i felt u could have gone alittle bigger with the rims. Still like them thou and i prefer the smooth look to the tc without the spoiler. Still looks good great choice in color that my fav.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies. Yes, the car should be lowered within the month. I am trying to decide what I want to go with that won't compromise the ride, but also won't have the lip kit scraping all over.

And inevitablegod thanks for the offer, but I am having it done at Les Schwab. I can get springs at cost and there's no install or alignment fees for me! Yeah!

The only reason why I went with the 18's is cause the car is the daily driver. I hated having to watch every little pothole or dip with the 18's in the neon, so I didn't want to have to worry about that with the tC. Although I agree, bigger wheels would look awesome!

evette

·
Registered
42 Posts
its pretty obvious that your tC would look 10X better with the springs and everybody already knows that. But they are missing a very valuable point - The $900+ you wouldve spent on wheels will obviously go to springs or coil overs (and maybe then some).

Peace

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by Plissken@Feb 9 2005, 07:56 PM
Those rims just don't do it for me. I feel like i should like them because i normally like that style but for some reason i am underwhelmed. they are temporary so i have faith in you.
Same here. I usually like 7 spoke wheels best. Something about those just don't do it for me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by m-boogie@Feb 11 2005, 02:45 AM
its pretty obvious that your tC would look 10X better with the springs and everybody already knows that. But they are missing a very valuable point - The $900+ you wouldve spent on wheels will obviously go to springs or coil overs (and maybe then some).

Peace
Yes this is very true!! I'm still trying to decide what I want to do about the height of the car. Hopefully it will be done by the end of Feb. and I will have new pics without all the massive wheel gap!

Thanks to everyone else for their honest replies!

evette

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well my BF informed me yesterday that I have H&R springs coming as my V-Day present. So they should be here by the end of the week! I'll post up pics ASAP!

evette

·
Registered
147 Posts
call me mono chromatic but the car should match black car= black rims..ect, will look better when the car is dropped, not much of a chrome guy

got my girl a braclet at tiffany's for V-day... now I'm broke

·
Registered
282 Posts
I never thought I'd hear myself say this, but if you got like a gunmetal powder coat on those rims it might look kinda cool. Maybe...somebody chop that, we'll see.

Tint your windows as well.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.