Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The UPS guy finally showed up around 8:30 so I went ahead and put my new wheels and tires on but it's dark so I couldn't do much in the way of pictures. I'll try to get some good ones before I leave to head out of town tomorrow. Anyway, wheels are 17x8 OZ Ultraleggera in Matte Graphite Silver and they're wrapped in 245/40R17 Kumho Ecsta MX rubber.

Yes, the cap is real carbon fiber.

Combined weight: 39lbs (Kumho says the tire is 23 which puts the wheel @ 16)

Also, I weighed my stock combo and averaged 42lbs and my tires have ~13k on them.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
very nice. virtual hi-five for your purchase.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nope, it's stock height. Shocks and springs or coilovers is probably the next purchase though. An inch to an inch and a quarter will drop the back to right on the tire line and maybe slightly tuck it so that's as far as I'll be going down.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Looks good. Just an opinion but ever thought of wheel spacers? Or are you trying to tuck those things when lowered? Just wondering.

Looks real good though.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Prelim report on the tires:

They're loud. Even with the stereo turned up some I can still hear them. Price you pay for performance I guess.

They also seem to be pretty sticky...I find myself testing their limits every chance I get which means my gas mileage will be crap until the "new" effect wears off.

Braking seems to be greatly improved also.

Anyway, I'll do a full tire report in the stickied post after I've put some more miles on them. I'll be doing some mountain driving this weekend also so that should give me a decent test bed for cornering limits.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Scuff those babies up and tell us how they work!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, my weekend got fu*d but the tires did great. I was able to drive throught some turns I used to brake on with no braking required and had no issues at all.

I forgot to mention I heard something rolling around in one of the tires (inside the tire) so I had to take it to a local tire shop and they dismounted the tire and found a valve stem with no cap inside the tire so it's a good thing I caught it so soon. Anyway, TireRack is going to reimburse me for the cost of having the tire dismounted and remounted.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Question Question, Tire Pressure monitor, do you still have them, are they in the new wheels and tires? Did your pressure light go on in the dash?

Rob

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.