Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry no pics yet, will see if I can tomorrow.

Enkei RPF1, 17x8, 35mm offset, 15.6 lbs, come with aluminum valve stems.

Hancook, R-S2, Ultra High Performance, summer tires, great in the rain as well,
235/40/17, a bit heavy at 24.24 lbs each.

Lug nuts, short "tuner" locking lug nuts, 2 lbs lighter per set than the stock nuts!!!

To come in under 40 lbs for that wide a wheel and tire is still very very good!!!!

Will post more feedback on them when I get the chance, very little weight needed to balance these, that is a deffinate sign of quality.

Rick

·
Registered
221 Posts
how much did you pay for a set of 4 wheels? i'm looking at a site and they say $206. i'm not sure if that's per wheel or per set, i'm hoping it's per set.

i've been looking for lighter wheels, but all i've found was SSR wheels, and those guys are expensive.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
nothing is going to be cheaper than $150-160/piece for 15lbs neighborhood.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am semi sponsored by Enkei;)

Not free but dang good prices, I do not ask for free because I am not willing to give up my freedom, nothing is ever really free, sponsorships are certainly not.

Anyway, not many wheels that are well made, low cost and fit out cars properly. Very few infact.

One of the guys on another forum said he found Black Racing 17x8 +35mm offsets for a good price, did not know they made any, look rather nice but no idea of the weight, probably not bad.

Just remember, heavy wheels are the biggest enemy of true performance. Spending more to get low weight wheels can do more for overall performance than just about anything else can spend money on, best bang for the buck. If you can get the Enkeis for that price jump on it, not going to find a better wheel that I know of for the cost.

The 5Ziegens are really nice as well, so are BBS and a few others that really climb in price. The PRF1 is made virtually the same as certain BBS wheels that cost one heck of alot more money.

Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.