Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright guys Im new here first I'd like to say hi, second I'd like some info. I will let you know my situation.right now Im a 20 year old student and I own a 2000 Toyota celica GT-s 6 speed manual sport and leather package sunroof all the goodies. it currently has 82 kms on it so about 50-60 miles I beleive not to sure about the conversion rate. But anyways 3 weeks ago my engine blew up, completly done, now I have all the warrenty and what not from toyota so they are replacing it and what not. But in the meantime for the past year I was contemplating selling and and seeing what else I could get, while I was on vacation I saw a scion TC in seattle and fell in love with it. I want one, a super white one with a small spoiler, but I live in canada no dealers here.anyways now my question, what do you think if I called the closest scion dealer and asked about some sort of trade??I mean the starting price is farly cheep, alot cheaper then a new celica, now I know my celica is a 2000 but it will have a brand new engine and car has been kept in good shape??anyways any info would be great
thanx

·
Registered
198 Posts
Wow, no scion dealer in Canada? That sucks.

I think you can sell the celica for a pretty good price since Toyota is replacing the engine for you. Depending on who you are selling, people might either like it or hate the idea of replacing an engine.

Go test drive a sicon tc and see if it's something you like. It is cheaper than celica, and you might want to see if it drives better. Celica is a pretty fabulous car the way it is, the GT-S has more HP, as well. The tc does have more room than the celica if it matters.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea scions are not available in canada it sux, so Im hoping to work out a deal with a dealer in minn or north dakota if they have one there. That's one of the things I like in the scion is the more room plus NO one has one here so I'd be the first, eveyrone has a celica Im getting tired of it.
thanx for the info

·
Registered
198 Posts
Originally posted by cdntcwanter@Aug 14 2005, 06:50 AM
NO one has one here so I'd be the first, eveyrone has a celica Im getting tired of it.
You'll be registering it under import I guess? And you might want to know about the insurance and whatnot for import cars in Canada.

It would be interesting seeing how this would work.

ps. did you read about the possible new 250HP tC (or celica in Japan). Might want to hold your horses and wait a bit??

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Sell the celica private party in Canada (I'm pretty sure no dealer in US will take your car as a trade). Then cross the border with a pile of cash and buy yourself a tC. Sad thing is that you will have to take it to the US for warranty... But yes, you will be pretty unique up north

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats what I'll probably end up doing, just have to wait to get my car back its not even done yet. Im going to call the canadian border and see what i'll have to do to bring it across. should be able to get one with the money i get from my car, all i want is manual super white with the lil spoiler and the radio controls on the steering wheel but to my knowledge that is standard now on the 06's??

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts
that sounds like a great idea. I just sold 2 xBs to a guy in canada. I know how we did it.

1) they guy paid cash (or provided his own financing)
2) there are a few restrictions on bringing the car back into canada. you may want to contact customs to check that out. I think they need to be informed 72 hours prior to your bringing the car into the country.
3) you will need to worry about registration and taxes when you bring the car into canada based on the tax rate and registration fees there.

basically, you will be working an out of state deal. So, you are correct in checking out what your dealership's policy on that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanx for the info, I'll see what they say tommorrow, but I still have to wait to get my car back from toyota, and see what type of TC I can get for the cash I will get from selling the celica. is the sunroof standard all all tc's?? are the radio controls on the steering wheel even available in 05??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.