Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am new to this forum. But I need help. I am installing the s.tech springs. I have got the front finished and one side of the rear. But the rear only looks to have lowered about 1/4 in. This is not what I was expecting. But I may have put the strut back together wrong being I did not use spring compressors. i just shot it off. (i think that way is funner) Any way does any body have a diagram of the rear strut or know the exact order of assembly? Or has anybody else installed these springs and only have the same amount of drop in the rear?

Thank you in advance for all the help I hope to get.

Thanks,

Chad

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've installed s.tech on my car about 2 weeks ago. You will need the clamps to tighten down the top shock nut properly. I have maybe a little over 1/4in tread above each nut.

As far as the re-assembly (I'm doing this from memory so bear with me) I think you may have installed the bump stop upside down, this will cause the top mount not to slide down far enough. The foam part of the bump stop sould be facing down.

I noticed considerable drop in the rear, however the passanger side is a little over 1/4 inch higher than the driver side. If it doesnt settle in after a few more days i may pull them down again.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have n ot installed a set of the s-tech springs but only having 1/4 inch of drop is not correct. When I installed my TRD springs and shocks I had exactly 1 1/4 inch drop in front and 1 1/5 in the rear. After they settled I ended up with 1/4 inch lower all the way around. I would suggest using a spring compressor to re-assemble the struts.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i havent installed the s-techs either, but i have lowered 10 of these cars so far. i would suggest a disassemble. shoot me your email and i will send you the pdf of the rear shock towers from TIS.

·
Registered
43 Posts
all the weight shifted to the opposite front tire. Hopefully you finished it by now and you should be happy. I helped out my friend who installed s-techs on his celica, and I noticed the samething. I did the trd drop which isnt very low, but i dont have to be conscious about scraping. I just wanted to cut down on the wheel gap, and with 18's i should fill that gap nicely.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.