Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after picking up my tC in august, the Potenzas lasted up until now..the grip sucked in the summer and they suck even more in the winter..but i was thinking of gettin Yokohama Paradas..does anybody have any past experience with these tires? Opinions needed, thanx!

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I'd take a look here. They are not particularly well liked by most, but some do like them.

The Tire Rack really is a decent source of information about what people like and don't like about tires. Take a look as their customer ratings to see what people are happy with and why they are happy. It could save you a lot of money and a lot of grief.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Kumhos have been winning in SCCA for awhile now. Nothing to be ashamed of if you run them, they deliver performance.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I also found it interesting that Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 won the contest with 84 points. Considering that 100 would be the utopian tire thats pretty nice. Just in case you were curious low about your beloved BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KD tire it got 63 points. And it scored a .946g on the dry skidpad. I was thinkin maybe I should just bring it tomaorw and you guys could look at it for yourselves.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by Ryan'sTc@Feb 25 2005, 09:35 PM
I also found it interesting that Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 won the contest with 84 points. Considering that 100 would be the utopian tire thats pretty nice. Just in case you were curious low about your beloved BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KD tire it got 63 points. And it scored a .946g on the dry skidpad. I was thinkin maybe I should just bring it tomaorw and you guys could look at it for yourselves.
Beloved KD? I've got Bridgestone S-03s on my Supra. I wouldn't say beloved about KDs ever. I'd probably run the Michelin Pilot Sport Cups since I am completely disappointed with the S-03s compared to the S-02PP, but I've been told the KD's are great dry weather track tires by a number of Supra and Corvette owners who take their cars to the track. I haven't driven them, but I've been in the car with a pretty talented driver, and they don't hurt for performance.

Something to keep in mind about tire tests, the only important test is a lap time. Skidpad numbers are interesting, but they don't necessarily help you run faster laps.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
the tires only lasted 6 months??? wow... major turn off.... what kind of driving do you do? i heard that the tires the tC comes with aren't very long lasting.. but 6 months... u'll be spending a fortune on tires for this car it sounds like....

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I've lost a lot of respect for Bridgestone in the last 3 years. Discontinued the best all around tire I've ever driven, then these crap tires on the tC. Sad state of affairs for a company competing in F1.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Originally posted by raamaudio@Mar 28 2005, 08:22 PM
If you need all seasons I am very very impressed with the UHP Kumho ASX we just had put on, blow the friggin Briggies to hell and back;)

Rick
How quiet are the ASX's? That's one of the main contenders in my choice for the next tires on my car.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by raamaudio@Mar 29 2005, 04:13 AM
Still, these are rather noisy cars ...
What are you comparing the tC to that you think it's so noisy? As far as I have heard, the general consensus is that it's pretty darn quiet.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What is the report from the people that got the Yokohama OEM tires? Better or worse then the Bridgestone's?

I have them on my tC, but I had my dealer put my snows on before I took delivery. So, 0 miles so far.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.