Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the board, as I just discovered it after buying a new tC. I have a few questions for those who have had their cars for a little while, or are just otherwise "in the know".

1. I think the paint on these cars is stellar (Black Cherry Pearl for me). In wanting to keep it in the best shape possible, do I need to put a good coat of wax on it immediately, or is it already waxed/protected as it comes from the dealer? Along those lines, is taking the car to an all-hand-wash facility safe enough?

2. I opted for the security system on mine. Any theories on just how foolproof the engine immobilizing keys are?

3. Did anyone purchase any level of the extended warranty/maintenance packages? As a rule I NEVER do, but got roped in to the cheapest/lowest package on this, and on paper it does seem to make since. Any thoughts?

Please feel free to speak to as many of these questions as you like. Thanks in advance for any feedback!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Originally posted by buggravy@Aug 14 2005, 02:01 PM
1. I think the paint on these cars is stellar (Black Cherry Pearl for me). In wanting to keep it in the best shape possible, do I need to put a good coat of wax on it immediately, or is it already waxed/protected as it comes from the dealer? Along those lines, is taking the car to an all-hand-wash facility safe enough?
I was wondering the same thing. I've only had my car about 3 weeks but I want to wax it to protect the finish. Is there any timeframe to NOT wax a new Tc? I know, in the past, when I've had cars repainted they strongly recommend NOT waxing it for at least 6 months.

·
Premium Member
13,780 Posts
1. When I bought my car, they gave me an option of something they call "Touch of Class," which is a protectant they put on the inside and outside of my car. It's supposed to protect the paint, underneath, and everything on the inside, including fabric, etc. It's guaranteed for life and I just need to get it done every 5 years (if I have the car that long). I'll never have to wax it and when I wash it, I just use water.

2. I have no idea about the security system. I didn't get it.

3. I think it makes sense to get the extended warranty, just to be on the safe side if anything goes wrong after five years. I didn't get it because I didn't have the extra $1400 to do it, but I wish I did.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.