Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im getting my 06 tc in the next week or two and i am going to put a sound system in it. I was planning on getting the eclipse avn5435 double din cd/dvd/navi player, but i was just curious if eclipse subs were good, i personally have never heard them, but i wanted to try and go with all the same brand of stuff you know. so if you could help me and advise me on what subs,amps, door speakers to get that would be awesome. thanks guys, Andy

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same nav unit that you are purchasing. It's great I would recommend it to anyone. I can only name 2 flaws with the unit.

1) When blasting your music you can hardly hear the nav unit annoucing your next turn.

2)You cannot play dvd's while the nav is running (unless you have an additional dvd player hooked up like an xbox) which I have. Its great being able to swap back and forth from a movie to the nav.

If you have any other questions about this unit ask away.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Kenwood has some nice head units. If you want navigation though I would suggest a tomtom navigation unit, they are a lot better and accurate and you can transfer them from car to car easly

Subwoofers and amp I suggest MaAudio thats what I use and love it.
Inside speakers, I would normally say Infinity but I had a lot of problems with my last set, they kept blowing and they shouldn't have. Concept puts out a good inside speaker from what I hear, puts out really good highs and mids. Pioneer also makes some good speakers, not subwoofers though.

It all depends on what you want sound you want. Me I like the hard hitting bass with good highs and mids.

·
Registered
141 Posts
i second the MA Audio subs, the X2 subs kick @$$. as for speakers i like my infinitys, they have a very good rep. polk momos are bad @$$ speakers too. I've heard some of the new kicker speakers and they were loud. Boston Acoustics makes some great stuff too. for amps i would go with crossfire,alpine, eclipse, jl audio, us amps, soundstream. all those amps put out around rated wattage, the crossfires put out rated wattage plus some.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.