Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the new system is finally finished (well, at least 95% of it , anyway). Here's what it consists of:

Alpine VPA-B211A Vehicle Hub Ai-NET System Controller
Alpine TME-M770 6.5" Touch Screen Monitor
Alpine PXA-H701 Dolby Digital Processor w/ RUX-C701 Controller
Alpine DVA-5205 DVD Player
Alpine KCA-420I iPod Adapter w/ Gen4 20 GIG iPod
Sirius Satellite Tuner
Alpine MRD-M605 600 Watt Class-D Mono Block Amplifier
Alpine MRV-F345 300 Watt Four Channel Amplifier (X2)
Alpine SWR-1042D 10" Type-R Subwoofer
Alpine SPR-17LS 6.5" Type-R Component Speakers
Alpine SPR-17LP 6.5" Type-R Coaxial Speakers
Alpine SBS-05DC Din-sized Center Channel Speaker

And Here are the pics:

TME-M770 and SBS-05DC center dash pic

Left side dash shot

Right side dash shot

TME-M770 close up

DVA-5210 close up behind 770 screen

DVA-5210 right side

SBS-05DC molded into lower pocket close up pic

SBS-05dc right side

Color matched guage bezel

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Cont'd:

RUX-C701 Controller for PXA-H701 Dolby Digital Processor (replacement knob will take 2 mos to get from Japan)

RUX-C701 right side

Volume knob from RUX controller removed and remote mounted in center console

Volume knob close up

Left side door w/ SPR-17LS components and color accented door handle

Right side door

Component woofer close up

Component tweeter close up

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cont'd:

Left rear side panel removed shows MRV-F345, SPR-17LP coax and PXA-H701 brain

Right rear side panel removed show second MRV-F345 and VPA-B211A Vehicle Hub brain

MRD-M605 Subwoofer amplifier not shown but mounted in right side spare tire storage area

Amplifier displayed were removed from amps, extended wiring to remote mount displays in rear seat backs

Close up of MRD-M605 display

Super close up of display

You've all seen the woofer, but here it is anyway

What's left you ask??? I'll be installing a Alpine PKG-1000 10.2" WVGA flip down monitor in the rear tucked flush into the spare tire area and modified as a flip up monitor (reversing the monitor and buttons to work right side up). Also adding some lighting accents to the dash and rear. Plus I'll be building my own steering wheel controls to change source and track up/down on the left side of the steering wheel. I also have some color sanding and buffing to do on the painted pieces. A few flaws and a little too much orange peel for me. Not bad for shooting it w/o a paint booth though. Then, obviously, replaceing the volume knob for the PXA controller, whenever it gets here. That's about it, unless I think up anything else in the meantime.

·
Registered
658 Posts
WoW. That's really nice. I actually like it more then the Pioneer show car they had for the 2k4 SEMA auto show. Great job alpman.
I wish i had the tools to do something like that. BTW i like how you covered the cd storage hole. It's really neat.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx, and the best part about it is that I didn't lose any useable space or functionality of the vehicle!! I especially like the remote mounted volume knob. It's always right at my fingertips. Even better than steering wheel controls if you ask me. Also, everything is completely controlled from the touch screen. No real need for a wireless remote, even though two were included. The capabilities of the Dolby processor are just unreal. 165 band EQ, 8 channel time correction and x-overs for every speaker are independent. The 5.1 processing is incredible. I have done alot of systems in my time, but this one has got to be one of the best sounding yet, and I've only just begun tuning.

·
Registered
48 Posts
damn

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
holy crap man that is a super sweet setup wish I had all that time and setup ideas, I have the money but no one around here that I know does that stuff

·
Registered
60 Posts
Alpman, you're bananas. Pimp my ride aint got nothing on you. I'm seriously interested in how you did the lcd screen. I dont want to replace the hu but i'd like your lcd setup. Wow, that's love and affection you've given your tC. Would you happen to have instructions on the lcd thing. Thanks man, and again, sweet sweet setup.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nice Setup Alpman...

Curious on how you got that lcd touchscreen to go in flush in the radio slot... makes it look like it came with the car.... also... whats the price on that unit???

Thanks

Jeremy

·
Registered
658 Posts
I want to ask him what kind of plastic he used to cover the cd hole and all the other stuff, but i'm sure it's a secret. I really want to trying something like that myself. I really admire his work.

·
Registered
453 Posts
i second that its the best install i have ever seen, it takes originality to a new level....well done

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Originally posted by ScionGTR@Jun 21 2005, 10:51 AM
I want to ask him what kind of plastic he used to cover the cd hole and all the other stuff, but i'm sure it's a secret. I really want to trying something like that myself. I really admire his work.
Lots of fiberglass.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
That is just beautiful!!!!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by ScionGTR@Jun 21 2005, 11:51 AM
ABS plastic which was heat bent for the bottom curve and lots of bondo and sanding. No secrets, just lots of patience, test fitting, and more sanding.

·
Registered
223 Posts
absolutely sick, man. I really like how everything looks like it came factory.

late

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by Wolo@Jun 21 2005, 05:47 PM
So what's next Greg?
What's left you ask??? I'll be installing a Alpine PKG-1000 10.2" WVGA flip down monitor in the rear tucked flush into the spare tire area and modified as a flip up monitor (reversing the monitor and buttons to work right side up). Also adding some lighting accents to the dash and rear. Plus I'll be building my own steering wheel controls to change source and track up/down on the left side of the steering wheel. I also have some color sanding and buffing to do on the painted pieces. A few flaws and a little too much orange peel for me. Not bad for shooting it w/o a paint booth though. Then, obviously, replaceing the volume knob for the PXA controller, whenever it gets here. That's about it, unless I think up anything else in the meantime.[/b]
That's what, hehe!!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.